Extra filter

bjledbetter

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2012
Messages
576
Reaction score
7
Location
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i was having a major dino problem a while back and was told to take off all my filters but my sump bc inless changed every week or so the nitrates would build up in the filter fabric and cause a problem. So I removed both my hang on filters and my Magnum 360 canister filter. My Question is can I use the canister filter for anything good in my tank like carbon or phosphate remover or something. I paid alot of money for it just to sit around not being used lol.
 
Oh and btw I have some kind of alge growing now that has a single stalk with what look like grapes growing any idea what it is? I can post a pic omorrow when the lights on.
 
To answer the 2nd question could be bubble algae. Does it look like this?

valonia.jpg
 
Canister filters can be used for carbon and GFO if you wanted to. It won'e be as efficient as a reactor but it will work.

Canisters are also great polishers. Put it on the tank for a couple days to get some of the particulates out. Also good for the days you blow off the rocks and cause detritus to go free. I use socks for that but the canister could do the same.

I have 2 canisters in my garage from other tanks that haven't been used on mine in years. I should sell them ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new