Fake decorations just sharing

James001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What do you think? I like it. I wanted a branch rock type aqua-scape and found these on amazon. Its maybe a little too full, could remove a few trees and open it up. Anyway I think this could work for me and wanted to share.

Last edited:

Paleozoic_reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lord of the rings GIF

...I think your going to find several reefers expressing opposition to fake corals and such in tanks on this thread. But at the end of day as long as you're happy and your fish/livestock are healthy I see no reason for you to put whatever you want in your tank.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is truly offensive. It’s an affront to all that is decent and good and I don’t know how you can sleep at night. You should be ashamed of yourself and I think you owe us all an apology, though I don’t know that we’ll ever be able to forgive you. You will be receiving a cease and desist from my attorney, if you think that you can just get away with this, you are sorely mistaken. This will not stand!!

Seriously though, it’s not my taste, but if you like it, that’s all that matters.

OP
OP
J

James001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your livestock plans with this tank?
A few fish thinking mushrooms (red / orange colors), and encrusting corals. But definitely fish for a 6 month - 12 months, no rush this hobby is expensive. Some inverts, hermits, snails, maybe an urchin if algae is a problem. Kids would like the urchin we need interesting creatures.

Fish wise, I like the black and white clown, Midas Blenny, and Flame Hawk, not sure what else, would love a yellow tang but the tank feels so crowded so probably not.

OP
OP
J

James001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are these? I cant tell by the video. They look like bongs to me lol. Maybe someone will decorate their reef tank with decorative bongs since they come in uv colors....
They are trees you ever see a forest bro? j/k

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Doesnt look bad- remember- its Your creation and is to be to your liking.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few fish thinking mushrooms (red / orange colors), and encrusting corals. But definitely fish for a 6 month - 12 months, no rush this hobby is expensive. Some inverts, hermits, snails, maybe an urchin if algae is a problem. Kids would like the urchin we need interesting creatures.

Fish wise, I like the black and white clown, Midas Blenny, and Flame Hawk, not sure what else, would love a yellow tang but the tank feels so crowded so probably not.
Tank is definitely too small for a tang. I would also recommend a piece or two of live rock for bacterial diversity (even if you put rubble in the back chambers), and if you don’t plan on putting any rock in the display tank, I’d definitely recommend some marine pure blocks (or similar) so that you have plenty of surface area for nitrifying/denitrifying bacteria, again you can put them in the back if you don’t want them in the display.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I kinda like it. Has a sort of zen quality to it. As long as you have some biological filtration in the sump, and don't stock too heavily, it should work fine.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does have a zen feel to it. If you had not posted it here and I saw the video on its own my first thought would've been it's a freshwater scape. You mention eventually keeping coral so is this short-term and eventually you'll replace these with rocks or are you going to put the coral on these?

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a note on a few things I picked up. Just to be careful about any coloring on fake things in a Saltwater tank that may pollute the water. These things may not be made for saltwater. Might also be algae magnets. But it’s you ur tank and you design it the way you like it. There are plenty of rock scapes I can’t stand. They should be interesting though to watch the fish move through it. However you should have some rock so fish have a place to hide and sleep. Hiding spots are really important to have for many reasons.

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add a few anemones in there and it reminds me of my last apartment.......before it was destroyed by human primates...and James Cameron....*sigh*
1634617458188.png

Last edited:

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would remove the fake corals and replace with real ones. You could keep the branches though. However, it's not good for most fish. They want rock and caves and things to hide in. I think getting some live tock in there then decorating with the branches (think tonga rock style) would look good though and accommodate the fish too.

OP
OP
J

James001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does have a zen feel to it. If you had not posted it here and I saw the video on its own my first thought would've been it's a freshwater scape. You mention eventually keeping coral so is this short-term and eventually you'll replace these with rocks or are you going to put the coral on these?
Hoping for a long term tank. I'm just not in a rush to fill the tank out. Plan was to keep these fake decorations in.

OP
OP
J

James001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a note on a few things I picked up. Just to be careful about any coloring on fake things in a Saltwater tank that may pollute the water. These things may not be made for saltwater. Might also be algae magnets. But it’s you ur tank and you design it the way you like it. There are plenty of rock scapes I can’t stand. They should be interesting though to watch the fish move through it. However you should have some rock so fish have a place to hide and sleep. Hiding spots are really important to have for many reasons.
The box came with some broken trees and I'm going to take the stepper drill and sand paper to it and see if I can make some holes in them. I know a Midas Blenny would appreciate that.

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As Bob Ross would say "it's your painting, you can paint it anyway you want" " How about a happy little tree that lives.....right here"

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back