FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Also, what angel would you say is the worst?

I had both a regal and emperor but had to give both away because of how much they were picking, but this was when I just had small frags. I can imagine both of them and the blue face pick a decent amount. Want to see what your thoughts are, I would love an emperor or regal again.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to buy a regal as I had one before but like you said the polyps go insanely down, my personal opinion I dont think it is worth it. How much better is the PE in your frag tank without the angels compared to the DT?
Standard fuzzy milli sticks where you can't see the base hardly at all in the frag tank.... In the display, some millis are actually showing some polyps, just not fuzzy. ORA Chips doesn't give a dann though and is always fuzzy. All and all, I think the angels are picking a lot less now that they realize I feed the best food and they never actually catch a polyp.
Also, what angel would you say is the worst?

I had both a regal and emperor but had to give both away because of how much they were picking, but this was when I just had small frags. I can imagine both of them and the blue face pick a decent amount. Want to see what your thoughts are, I would love an emperor or regal again.
Emperor is the worst for sure in my opinion out of the two. Regal hardly picks.

My 5 angels listed from worst to hardly picks:

-scribbled
-majestic
-emperor
-flame
-regal

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No fooling... No gel filters... No saturation boost... No DSLR magic as I snapped it with my android phone... Just ATI T5s and SBREEF actinic bars... WYSIRL (what you see in real life)! Wow! I've always had them under LEDs or LEDs with supplemental T5s but under mainly T5s with actinic bars... Its mesmerizing! Colorado Sunburst! Wow!
a183c572936d8fb57b532e4455c1cddf.jpg

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build thread, Ty. Finally caught up after spending my quiet moments during work reading a bit here and there. Will definitely have to come by once I get my new tank setup and stable, as most of that frag tank looks like it should have my name on it!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build thread, Ty. Finally caught up after spending my quiet moments during work reading a bit here and there. Will definitely have to come by once I get my new tank setup and stable, as most of that frag tank looks like it should have my name on it!
Thanks! Definitely swing on by. That frag tank needs a good clearing!

Last edited:
OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha, you have a 1yo, I doubt you need another toddler running around!

I have dumb clowns anyway....they host a duncan coral 5 inches away from my Rose BTA
Its just the principle... But you're right. I don't need another kid running around right now. [emoji23]

Mine hosted gonis for awhile... Then went back to the anemone, now the male sleeps in the gold torch... They are working on things right now... Need some time to rediscover who they are individually he says.

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its just the principle... But you're right. I don't need another kid running around right now. [emoji23]

Mine hosted gonis for awhile... Then went back to the anemone, now the male sleeps in the gold torch... They are working on things right now... Need some time to rediscover who they are individually he says.

Time to nickname your gold torch "Couch"!

Mine are closet hosters....during the day you won't see them do anything remotely close to hosting...but about 30 mins after lights out they are both rubbing all up on that duncan coral. They know it's not right, but it feels oh so good....

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its insane that your corals look that good and grow that well and have their polyps nipped! Care to mail me som of your magic water? dang lol

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mine are closet hosters....during the day you won't see them do anything remotely close to hosting...but about 30 mins after lights out they are both rubbing all up on that duncan coral. They know it's not right, but it feels oh so good....

I was thinking "back guest house" for the torch.

Haha, that's a funny mental image of the clowns sneaking to the duncans and nuzzling in the tentacles after dark! [emoji28]

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its insane that your corals look that good and grow that well and have their polyps nipped! Care to mail me som of your magic water? dang lol
Thanks Dirtrider! Maybe the nipping spurs them to grow even more! What doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

I just noticed this week that there are little growth nubs on a ton of the frags/colonies in the tank. Tank officially hit the 1 year mark last weekend, its no joke that the 1 year mark with acro tanks just turn the corner and explode with growth.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This literately made me laugh out loud as I was thinking about the same thing, "Sofa"....

;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked your question over in my thread. I know you have lots of "fancy" sticks. Give me your top 5.
Oh man, that's like asking a parent who's their favorite child. I'll go with two lists, I know its cheating but I'll do a list of favorites right now and a list of future favorites once they grow into colonies.

Favorites now:
RCA Baton Rouge
Oregon Tort
Jason Fox Foxflame
Palmers Blue milli
AquaSD Rainbow milli

Future when they aren't frags anymore:
SunnyX Sunset Milli
RR Rainbow Blossum
RR Firecracker
Hungs Truly Unbelievable
RMF Jareds Lucky Charms

Alright, a final 3rd list with one's I hope are spectacular:
Vivid Confetti
Jason Fox Homewrecker
RR Angry Birds
SC OP
RRC Pink Cadillac

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a pretty nice list! A couple of them I have not heard of, like the Lucky charms and firecracker. Do you have a pic of the lucky charms and Angry Birds?

I am pretty jealous of the Angry birds! I have been trying to get a frag but it feels almost impossible. Reef raft website last week said they had 2 frags and I messaged them and said it is wrong that they don't have any.

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, that's like asking a parent who's their favorite child. I'll go with two lists, I know its cheating but I'll do a list of favorites right now and a list of future favorites once they grow into colonies.

Favorites now:
RCA Baton Rouge
Oregon Tort
Jason Fox Foxflame
Palmers Blue milli
AquaSD Rainbow milli

Future when they aren't frags anymore:
SunnyX Sunset Milli
RR Rainbow Blossum
RR Firecracker
Hungs Truly Unbelievable
RMF Jareds Lucky Charms

I thought this was the frag pack you were prepping for me ;)

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a pretty nice list! A couple of them I have not heard of, like the Lucky charms and firecracker. Do you have a pic of the lucky charms and Angry Birds?

I am pretty jealous of the Angry birds! I have been trying to get a frag but it feels almost impossible. Reef raft website last week said they had 2 frags and I messaged them and said it is wrong that they don't have any.

Thanks bud! You got a great list yourself!

Lucky Charms on the RMF site is crazy looking, but it also has the original growth structure from when imported so I always take that with a grain of salt how future frags will look. I've kept enough Maris/wilds over the years to know the new growth can be drastically different in color and growth form from the original imported colony.

White light
ec3fb9283133d671bb8b207b6837b9dd.jpg

Blue light
23c708df09d53814ae6d230ceea256be.jpg

RR Angry Birds I got as a nub so nothing spectacular yet. Here it is though.

White light
9132bed706617e35f577f12a1015fbbc.jpg

Blue light
379f8c5365a5e3e83a356b6983ad0a66.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back