Favorite tool or random household item used most in your reef tank?

720 Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am constantly trying to think of tools or household items that could be used in my reef tank to make life easier. What is your favorite tool that you could not live without? What are some household items you use in your tank that most would not think of? I will start with one. Everyone uses turkey basters for various things, but I found this one that is used for brewing beer. The extra length helps keep your hands out of the water.

Wanda Jo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am constantly trying to think of tools or household items that could be used in my reef tank to make life easier. What is your favorite tool that you could not live without? What are some household items you use in your tank that most would not think of? I will start with one. Everyone uses turkey basters for various things, but I found this one that is used for brewing beer. The extra length helps keep your hands out of the water.

Lol Turkey baster and tongs!

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Power washer... best thing ever for my reef. Need to clean your reef items with zero elbow grease...Power wash it! Ive used my power washer to clean: Power heads (MP40's), Protein skimmer, filter socks, dirty pipes, hoses...it work folks and no heavy chemicals required. It works amazingly well on my mp40's...i can clean all 4 less than 10 minutes.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4241EC05-930B-4844-96E7-097821494049.jpeg

Stainless steel strainer for rinsing frozen food; used multiple times a day.

Wanda Jo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power washer... best thing ever for my reef. Need to clean your reef items with zero elbow grease...Power wash it! Ive used my power washer to clean: Power heads (MP40's), Protein skimmer, filter socks, dirty pipes, hoses...it work folks and no heavy chemicals required. It works amazingly well on my mp40's...i can clean all 4 less than 10 minutes.
Yup..got tired of the sink real fast, took it outside with a car pressure washer nozzle~*

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. Kleen Magic Eraser.
I might try the power washer for algae but I’d have to rig up a salt water supply to keep the parameters stable.

I get generic “erasers” in bulk because I use them up rapidly.

OP
OP
720 Reefer

720 Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't believe I never thought of that! I love my power washer lol. This is exactly why I created this thread!

OP
OP
720 Reefer

720 Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr. Kleen Magic Eraser.
I might try the power washer for algae but I’d have to rig up a salt water supply to keep the parameters stable.

I get generic “erasers” in bulk because I use them up rapidly.
I use these as well. Work great for cleaning the sump

Back