Feather Duster went missing?

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I added a few feather dusters last week and glued them to a rock. today i noticed a couple had gone missing? They didn't just retract back to the tube, but the tube itself is either all gone (for one) and reduced by 1/2 (the other). is something eating it or did they just move to a different spot and is now hiding/rebuilding the tube?

I know from googling that copperbands/peppermints pick on them but i have neither. I have an emerald, a pistol shrimp, and some blue/red leg hermits. don't think any of my fish would eat it

I have a few old feathers that's been doing fine for a couple of years now so it could just be that these new ones didn't survive and the CUC finished the job, but they did open up pretty well and didn't show any sign of trouble the last few days (ie, no lost feathers, etc..)

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may not have been happy being glued to a rock, feather dusters like to attach themselves to things themselves and sometimes they will leave their tubes and find a new location, if it did leave the tube there's a chance it got eaten or in a location you can't see.

OP
OP
D

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may not have been happy being glued to a rock, feather dusters like to attach themselves to things themselves and sometimes they will leave their tubes and find a new location, if it did leave the tube there's a chance it got eaten or in a location you can't see.
TY - i'll keep an eye out for them next few days. there's one new one left that i glued, he seems to be happy/doing fine but is a diff species so that might have something to do with it.

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TY - i'll keep an eye out for them next few days. there's one new one left that i glued, he seems to be happy/doing fine but is a diff species so that might have something to do with it.

Yep just keep a look out for the rest, if they're gone probably looking for a home.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 154 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.7%
Back