Feb 2025 POTM: LPS Colony

Duncanopsammia, my favourite coral to photograph.

Even 1 head makes a great shot... But with some isolation and a little extra light on it... these things are the perfect photo candidate.

Reef2ReefPhoto.jpg
 
Last edited:
Duncanopsammia, my favourite coral to photograph.

Even 1 head makes a great shot... But with some isolation and a little extra light on it... these things are the perfect photo candidate.

Reef2ReefPhoto.jpg
Duncans have always been one of my favorite corals! RIP to the one I had when I first got my tank.
 
This is my rainbow blasto colony, I got it in August of 2020, one polyp that was all redish orange. If you are interested there is a little more info here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/rainbow-blasto-story.952157/
pic was taken with my cannon T3i, and a BOA topdown tube, no filter, and custom white balance.
RB.jpg
 
My Hammer garden. I have been collecting different hammers for several years. I love when I have to frag and rearrange them from time to time.

I use kessil a360x and actinic reefbrite strips to light the tank this was shot in.

Photo was taken with a Samsung galaxy s20 plus.


1000041934.jpg
 
I’m terrible at photos but thought I’d give it a try. I just upgraded my tank and the pectinia is mounted on one of the newer pieces of Marco rock, so sorry about the diatoms!

IMG_0287.jpeg
 
My Hammer garden. I have been collecting different hammers for several years. I love when I have to frag and rearrange them from time to time.

I use kessil a360x and actinic reefbrite strips to light the tank this was shot in.

Photo was taken with a Samsung galaxy s20 plus.


1000041934.jpg
Those look great!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new