So I have been looking at the GHL website, and I think I’m coming up with an initial package of what I need. Maybe some of you can interject with options of what will or won’t work.
P4 Ultimate set. Is there a difference between the P4 and the P4e?
2x 2.1 Dosers ( currently run Triton which eats up 4 heads, consistently having to add a couple of trace elements like iodine thus the other 4 heads, but may swap for another brand soon. Not happy with the change to dry components.)
2x extra power strips, possibly add a fourth. I have a bunch of stuff to plug in. 6 lights, 5 powerheads, returns, 2 heaters, skimmer, reactors, ect.. plus I assume each unit I buy.
Now this is where it gets a bit gray/grey for me. When I start looking at safety control. How well do the flow detectors work? Do they come in 1” or larger sizes and is there a particular “head” unit needed? As I start adding different sensors do I need a “break out box” as I like redundancy and like to double up on such things..?
Some of the things I would like to do are as follows:
Return Pump: if it dies or gets clogged ( snail or something) turn skimmer off, activate a pump to move % water from sump to an emergency holding container if water passes a certain level in the sump. Email alert. When return works again, skimmer turns on after 10 minutes, extra water is pumped back in to sump from emergency holding container.
If there is a power outage/flicker/bump, which can be common here in FL. Once power is returned, a start up sequence and an order of what turns on when. Email alert. Is this possible?
And other things I think are more of an on/off situation. Ph drops below a certain level, plug Z turns on activating air pump with CO2 scrubber type stuff...