Fedex sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is the deal. Been waiting for a package TO arrive. Ususally arrives at 10-10:30, so its now 11:15 when i check tracking #. Says that it was delivered. Never a knock at door and no package outside. Called fedex and said they would call back. Whats the deal with this place??????? I'm using usps for now on. Never had as many problems with them.

MikeB

R2R Web Admin & Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are going to have problems with any carrier eventually. No one is perfect. I for one love using fedex.

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to avoid FedEx but sometimes they are a necessary evil... I hve had more good luck with them than bad, but the bad has been very bad...

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got one lost right now also....:sad: on top of the rip off rates I shipped 2 boxes yesterday 8"x4"x12" three pounds both boxes where $98.15 I give up....:crossedlips:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea I have lost stuff due to all of them. :D

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is the deal. Been waiting for a package TO arrive. Ususally arrives at 10-10:30, so its now 11:15 when i check tracking #. Says that it was delivered. Never a knock at door and no package outside. Called fedex and said they would call back. Whats the deal with this place??????? I'm using usps for now on. Never had as many problems with them.

ive been waiting for that call back for a month. i got the package, but never the call

fragman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto on FedEx Sucks

I have shipped out fish and corals perhaps 80 to 100 times. I refuse to use FedEx, they are terrible. Besides the showing up late issue, they just don't deliver overnight way too often. I have gone to USPS at less than half the price and UPS when USPS doesn't offer the overnight service. My scorecard looks something like this:

FedEx 6 out of 20 shipments - Not delivered on the correct day or at all. Poor performance and Rip off Prices!

UPS O out of 12 - All delivered as promised About the same price Expensive!

USPS 1 out of 60 plus shipments - Delayed and delivered one day late - Interestingly the delay was due to the USPS parcel being sent on a FedEx Plane that was delayed in Memphis. Way better pricing, less than half of a typical FedEx rate.

Just my experience

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Necessary evil?? I think so! They are like the gas companies........ know you need their services but also know you will pay what they say......:crossedlips:

HighlandReef

Chalice Monger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah... Same here... Sitting at home waiting while I pull my hair out? Was supposed to be delivered by 10:30 and last scan shows leaving Memphis at 9 this morning, hopefully I get it today :(
So mapquest shows Memphis to my place being about 525 miles :cry:

OP
OP
reefpeeper

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i feel stupid right now. Well maybe alittle. After waiting for a little more i decided to look in my grill at the back door. Bingo package was there the whole time i guess. They said it was at the front door, but left it at the back in the grill. False alarm, but they still suck!!!!!!!!

boehm742

ReefKeeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As we know the FedEx hub is in memphis and memphis gets slammed with storms this time of year. Expect these things to happen and order accordingly. Dont risk it that day if Memphis is expecting Severe t-storms in the next 24 hrs, it dosent take much to set things back there. A little planning and research ahead of time will save you more trouble then you would think.

Good deal on finding your package.

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sitting at home right now for a box with a large clam to be delivered back to me... I shipped it out Monday at a cost of over $100 for priority overnight. It got to it's destination hub as it was held for pick up. The purchaser was at the hub but they refused to give him the package... They said it was leaking water and undeliverable. I call bull because I packed the clam in 6 bags and then put it in a 1.5" thick styro container with the lid taped shut... If it has leaked it was due to their rough handling of it.. They told me a claim has already been filed and denied, neither I or the buyer filed this claim... So yeah I won't ship with them again.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As we know the FedEx hub is in memphis and memphis gets slammed with storms this time of year. Expect these things to happen and order accordingly. Dont risk it that day if Memphis is expecting Severe t-storms in the next 24 hrs, it dosent take much to set things back there. A little planning and research ahead of time will save you more trouble then you would think.

Good deal on finding your package.
I have been watching the Memphis weather more than the locals lol.... It doesn't say anything about and storms until Saturday....:sad: rrrrrrrr

redhanded

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be crazy if the clam survived! Make sure to hold your breath while opening the box....might be a little stink!

UPS has been pretty good to me lately.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back