Feed juvenile angels

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a juvenile flame angel and a juvenile emperor angel in QT.. they came in last Friday and arrived in great shape, alert and active. Both around 2" (maybe slightly less)

Both are always out and swimming around the QT and both pack at algae etc constantly...

I feed my display nori, LRS reef frenzy, LRS fish frenzy, mysis and NLS pellets...

The problem so far is all either angel will eat is crushed up NLS pellets, Formula 1 and 2 flakes and pellets... crushed into powder size.. that is all they will eat.. they do eat it aggressively.. but they totally ignore all of the frozen stuff.. Including frozen brine..

I know it's only been a short time.. but I'm looking for tips on getting them to eat frozen, so when the make it to the display they will get enough to sustain them... ideas??

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard garlic can make food more enticing. I have a coral beauty about the same size and he eats Mysis so I don't think its a size thing. Maybe try waiting a little longer or gradually increasing the size of the food your giving them

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped my little guy into a filthy 20 gallon tank. He ate goo in the tank and pods until I got him to eat the frozen angel diet. It took 2 weeks or so.
IMG_1582-L.jpg

OP
OP
GOSKN5

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the recommendation on a frozen angel food? I'm not super confident he will take it.. I also think they will get what they need from my current lineup of foods, I just gotta get them eating it

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get him to eat dry food. Dry foods on the whole much more nutritious than frozen food. I feed mine almost exclusively pellets, Nori with only occasional oyster and small amount of mysis

OP
OP
GOSKN5

GOSKN5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get him to eat dry food. Dry foods on the whole much more nutritious than frozen food. I feed mine almost exclusively pellets, Nori with only occasional oyster and small amount of mysis

Yea he is actively eating dry food now.. wont touch frozen... what kinds of dry do you prefer?

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I agree.

Right now I would just feed what they'll eat. Once they get to the display they will probably eat everything. They're also still adjusting and already eating so I would leave it be.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back