Feeding Fish

Checkitout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering about everyones feeding patterns for their fish? How many times a day do you feed your fish? How much do you feed them? If more than one time a day how do you feed them more than one time a day if you have the work throughout the day? What kind of fish do you have and what type of food do you feed them?

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 times per day feeding New Life Spectrum Thera A from an auto feeder and supplement with Rod's food on occasion in the evening. The A. japonicus also gets regular clips full of nori. The other fish are primarily fairy wrasses, chromis, and cardinals.

110reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I manually feed twice a day, typically Spectrum pellets. Once in the am before I leave for work, once in the pm before I go to bed. I have the timers turn on the lights in the morning about 1/2 hour before I leave for work so the fish are awake when I feed them.

Here is a link on feeder info:

http://lareefclub.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15484&hilit=feeder

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a minimum of four times per day, generally 6-10 times. I have an Apolemichthys arcuatus (Bandit Angelfish) and a Serranocirrhitus latus (Sunburst Anthias). I head home for lunch most of the time and turn the lights on, then feed a couple/few times while I'm home for lunch. I feed throughout the evening while I'm home. During these times it's either Ocean Nutrition Angel Formula or NLS pellets. I also offer PE Mysis at least every other day in the evening, and I do have Rod's Food but rarely feed it. Nori is offered on a clip at least every other day. I spot feed certain corals PE Mysis and Krill, so occasionally they get small chopped pieces of Krill as well.

Fat fish are healthy, happy fish :nerd:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back