Feeding flake food to lps

jdpeters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity does anyone intentionally feed their lps and other corals flake food? I noticed my torch corals, duncan, larger polyp palys, favia all really try to consume it. I turn the pumps off and watch them go. Any hazards to this? thanks.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably not. Although i never saw mine eat flake food. They mainly eat pellets or frozen. Just watch your perimeters and keep up with water changes. Many staple foods will quickly raise your nitrate and phosphate levels.

OP
OP
jdpeters

jdpeters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thanks. was hoping for more replies on this thread but no worries. for me, any feeding behavior i find interesting. corals are amazingly complex.

soggytees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pretty much just feed frozen ad occasionally pellets. I feed the whole tank, and my LPS definitely go for anything I put in there. It wouldn't be surprised if they went for flakes as well. I'm thinking the actual make up of pellets and flakes isn't all that different.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back