Feels like Im chasing my tail!

Grass Snake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have this sick clown that was about dead back in the beginning of last December. I saved her with a 2 week Paraguard treatment and proper maintenance. She never fully recovered and noticed things started going downhill hill again. Decided to do a full course General cure treatment last week and now she has major discoloration. Fish is still eating but not aggressively. Still swiming but will lay on the bed for long periods of time. I'm starting to think that I didn't do the treatment properly. I followed the directions on both paraguard and GC but not sure I ran it long enough. Any advice on what I should do next?

Thanks

20190224_180743.jpg

OP
OP
Grass Snake

Grass Snake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I agree and was hoping the GC would take care of the problem. Do you think I could just use GC again but for a longer interval vs getting Metroplex? I have no problem getting metroplex but I see it's just Metronidazole like GC minus the Praziquantel. The thread you posted may answer this question, so I'll be sure to check it out thanks.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I agree and was hoping the GC would take care of the problem. Do you think I could just use GC again but for a longer interval vs getting Metroplex? I have no problem getting metroplex but I see it's just Metronidazole like GC minus the Praziquantel. The thread you posted may answer this question, so I'll be sure to check it out thanks.
It is straight metronidazole. That is what you want. Dosing GC every other day for 10-14 days would likely lead to a toxic buildup of praziquantel, which you don't want.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back