Fellow Jacksonville reefers

Panama Brown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I moved from McLean Virginia to Jacksonville now. Looking for any Reefing forum or groups for Jack's folks. Anything?
Hey, welcome to Jax!!! Im assuming you're in Florida, right? LOL. So... ATM there are NO reefing clubs, but there are a few online groups and a handful of LFS to choose from. Even though you can't buy or sell on Facebook there is a "Duval Reefkeepers" group. If you want to buy/sell/trade I would suggest downloading the App Band. There are a few different groups to choose from within Jacksonville. Duval Reef Deal And Trade is the largest group but unmoderated. Next is Duval Reefkeepers fish and coral SALES group, Northeast FL High End Coral, & Duval Lets Talk Corals and Stuff. As for LFS you got BioReef, Mandarin Sea Life, Coral Logic, Ocean Reef, Orange Park Aquatics, & Reeflections. Each one is conviently located throughout Jax. From time to time me and a friend throw Frag Swaps. We'll be having another one in the next couple months. Just had our last one at the end of May. Anyway, feel free to find me on FB/Band as Panama Brown. If you have any questions or need anything, HMU Id be more than happy to help point you in the right direction. Need any coral? Lol... LMK I got you :)

crezguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, welcome to Jax!!! Im assuming you're in Florida, right? LOL. So... ATM there are NO reefing clubs, but there are a few online groups and a handful of LFS to choose from. Even though you can't buy or sell on Facebook there is a "Duval Reefkeepers" group. If you want to buy/sell/trade I would suggest downloading the App Band. There are a few different groups to choose from within Jacksonville. Duval Reef Deal And Trade is the largest group but unmoderated. Next is Duval Reefkeepers fish and coral SALES group, Northeast FL High End Coral, & Duval Lets Talk Corals and Stuff. As for LFS you got BioReef, Mandarin Sea Life, Coral Logic, Ocean Reef, Orange Park Aquatics, & Reeflections. Each one is conviently located throughout Jax. From time to time me and a friend throw Frag Swaps. We'll be having another one in the next couple months. Just had our last one at the end of May. Anyway, feel free to find me on FB/Band as Panama Brown. If you have any questions or need anything, HMU Id be more than happy to help point you in the right direction. Need any coral? Lol... LMK I got you :)
Do you have any life rock to sell. I am setting up my Reefer 350 again. From scratch

Panama Brown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any life rock to sell. I am setting up my Reefer 350 again. From scratch
I don't personally have any extra... I need to add to my scape as well lol. I know most of the lfs carry it. And yes, I think Jax needs its own Reef2Reef group! Are you on Band by chance? Iam going to be starting on next months frag swap here shortly. Would be nice to get a good following of R2R memers from Band over here as well...

Panama Brown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in St Augustine and very interested in getting together with other reefers.
I am starting to plan next months frag swap here soon. Feel free to stay in touch. Did you sign up on Band yet? My # is 904-680-8331 feel free to shoot me a text sometime if you need anything. You can find me on Band or Messenger also... as Panama Brown More than happy to help whenever with whatever Reef related :)

Bnichols124

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but was wondering if you guys were ever able to get a local reef club going? I live in Clay county
I remember the Jax reef club days. But DRK fb kind of took over, and now people sell on band app. I still search reef2reef often for florida deals.

I was informed someone wanted to start a group. I think it would be doable if it was ran like a non profit organization, legitimately with collecting membership fees.

I personally could not be president of such a club with running a local business that takes up much of my time, but could do a lesoptions. If needed. Like I said this would have to be legit because of the past group (roumors/truths) left a bad impression to few people's oppions. If anyone wanted to chat, shoot down some ideas maybe get the gears rolling on this idea, message me and we can go from there

trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently moved to Jacksonville and have been looking for a local reef club myself. Previously I served as the Vp of the New Jersey Reefers Club (njrc) so I'm familiar with the "inner workings" of Club management.

Would definitely be interested in helping setting something up if enough folks are interested.

Dr. Aqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there fellow Florida reefers. I’m relatively new in the reefing world (almost a year) and it’s going great. I live in the Jacksonville area and was wondering if anyone else in this forum is also. I’m always down to meet fellow reefers and exchange awesome frags.
hey, Im in Jax. I have not been able to find many reefers in Jax looking to form a club. I would be down if you found others.

C4ctus99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sup y'all, any clubs ever get started? I just started my tank back in october and joined the forum about a month ago. Still fish only but wanting to move on to corals soon

sezaro21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started my first saltwater tank 1 month ago. Been keeping freshwater for over 15 years. It'd be great to meet some local reefers who could make sure I'm doing things right. I live in the Palm Coast area.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back