Fenbendazole and Inverts?

SaltLifer86

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2020
Messages
18
Reaction score
7
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently treated my 50 gallon FO for unknown parasites posted in another thread. I used a Fenbendazole. Does anyone know if I’m doomed to a fish only tank now or can I have a starfish or cleaner crew?
 
As of right now, I’m currently running my tank without inverts and fish to eradicate ich. This is the only info I’ve found online related to my concern. I’m disappointed because I wanted to add a chocolate chip star to my tank. https://seahorse.com/faqs/fenbendazole-panacur/
 
FenBen treatments are extremely tough to deal with the aftermath. I personally crashed my tank and lost almost everything in the weeks following treatment. I used it for blue clove polyp irradiation.... it killed um, but also took many other corals w it. As far as inverts go, yes, should remove all for atleast a few weeks if not longer. Keep a good eye out for Ammonia spikes too, and snails left in tank will surely die, thus causing that to spike bigtime. Big water changes everyday or other. Would Not add any new stuff for atleast a month or two to make sure nothing come back to bite ya as far as chems go. Chocolate chip star I would for sure wait. Also maybe research about them prior to adding one even after back stable. They’re pretty darn brutal in a reef tank, eats all sorts of corals for lunch. Hope everything goes well for you. Best wishes
 
As of this moment, I lost two out of three snails in effort to test my tank for traces of fenbendazole. The water perimeters are fine and so far my pistol shrimp is still alive as well as my nassarius snail. It has been over a week since they were introduced and two months since my tank was flushed of treatment in the water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 22 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new