Fiji 38 gallon issue high level overflow

tlatix

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2018
Messages
15
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I just set up my 38-foot Fiji peninsula. The return pump is running at its maximum speed, and the overflow and display water levels are high. Is the weird thing on the bottom related to some adjustment?

IMG_3467.jpeg IMG_3466.jpeg IMG_3469.jpeg
 
The object you circled is the bottom weir. You have a top and a bottom weir in your AIO 38 gallon. From looking on Fiji website, there is a clear acrylic sliding object that allows water intake adjustment, that is on the bottom weir
 
The object you circled is the bottom weir. You have a top and a bottom weir in your AIO 38 gallon. From looking on Fiji website, there is a clear acrylic sliding object that allows water intake adjustment, that is on the bottom weir
Thank you! I turned the return pump down to 30% from 100%, but the water level in the display is still over half the top weir. I'm not sure if this is how it was designed. The water level is less than an inch from the rim, and I'm just annoyed by how high it is.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new