Filter Material

• Thread starter reef-nut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

reef-nut

View Badges
If you had a 24 gallon aquapod, what exactly would you put in the filter?

OP
OP
R

reef-nut

View Badges
I guess if you do not have a picture of a LPS, your not worthy of a responce?

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a 12 gallon, but I use Chemi-Pure in one chamber and change it out monthly.

The first chamber has the blue filter pad that I cut in half so that I can clean/change it out weekly with my water changes. #2 Chamber has the Chemi-Pure, #3 is filled with rubble and #4 holds the heater and return pump. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

reef-nut

View Badges
It has the same kind of filter all the others have. You have got to admit, there are a certain handful of people that live around each other and goes to these frag swap meets that seems to get page after page about a picture of a LPS. I ask a serious question about a filter and nobody responds untill I complain. Thats not right!

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has the same kind of filter all the others have. You have got to admit, there are a certain handful of people that live around each other and goes to these frag swap meets that seems to get page after page about a picture of a LPS. I ask a serious question about a filter and nobody responds untill I complain. Thats not right!

i would have responded, but i know nothing about aquapods

You also posted your question on a friday night, can't expect the same traffic as during the week.

OP
OP
R

reef-nut

View Badges
I am sorry, but the pods have a 3 chamber filter. I have floss in the first one, the second is carbon and ceramic rings and the 3rd just has the return pump in it. It has 2-36 watt 50/50 pc's for lights. Any advice would help. I have at least 60 to 70 ricordea polyps in it, zoos and a green leather. They all open pretty good, but not as good as they could. Is there to much light for the rics? My radioactive zoos look great. My pink zoos do not look so good. My green plolyp leathers polyps will barly come out. I would like to put on a pic, but am ashamed of the way it looks. It has been set up for over 2 months. There is plenty of LR. All the test are perfect. Its just the coral will not open all the way. This is the first nano I have tried. All the larger tanks I have ever had was wonderful. I also have a 90 with a gold puffer and a queen angel and a niger trigger. If the nano does not get better I will shut it down. PLEASE HELP ME! I AM VERY SORRY FOR GETTING IN A HURRY FOR A RESPONCE!!!!!!

cardgenius

Paging Dr. Greenthumb!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much flow do you have? What are your levels? Cal, Alk, Mag? How do you top off?

OP
OP
R

reef-nut

View Badges
All I have in there is a mini jet 606. I do not have any of them test. All I have is nitrite, nitrate, ammonia and ph. Ph is 8.0. The rest are o. My salinity is 1.021. My LFS tested the water the other day and said is was fine. I do not know what they tested for.

OP
OP
R

reef-nut

View Badges
Salinity

I would say your salinity is to low. Like most people, I keep my tanks at LEAST 1.024.
I will raise the salinity to 1.023. That is where the books say to keep it. I always keep it a little low for ick. I also added another min-jet, now I have 2 in there. Is that enough? Its blowing everything around good.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
having salinity that low wont' do anything for ick, you would have to have it at 1.009 to do anything to prevent ick

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, salinity is too low. I keep mine at 1.025

What is your temp?

OP
OP
R

reef-nut

View Badges
Temp is 78. I raised my salinity to 1.024. I also added more flow. I hope in a couple days everything starts looking better. I will post a pic when it does. Thanks for all the info.

cardgenius

Paging Dr. Greenthumb!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp is 78. I raised my salinity to 1.024. I also added more flow. I hope in a couple days everything starts looking better. I will post a pic when it does. Thanks for all the info.

Sounds good. Keep us posted.

Keep up on the top off so it doesnt get low like that. In a nano, SG swings like that will give ya nothing but troubles.

Back