Finally a Heater that Keeps Temps Stable

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geese they ain’t cheap are they?! But honestly 60% of using a controller for me is more precise heat monitoring and backup. If this is truly a next level heater I might forgo the controller

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mark,
Since you purchased the extended warranty, the extra two years will definitely kick in after the 5 year.
Great. Does this apply to all your customers? I also purchased the extended warranty.

Thank you!

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There is an audible click when mine turns on or off so it sounds like it's using a mechanical relay. A solid state relay would seem to be a better idea since they can be cycled many more times before failure.
Did you ever get an answer on this audible click? Normal? I set my HELIO up about 3 weeks ago and hear the click all day long.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get an answer on this audible click? Normal? I set my HELIO up about 3 weeks ago and hear the click all day long.

No, mine had low flow errors which turned into sensor out of water errors. I then relegated it to heating stored water only (no livestock) and then it stopped heating altogether.

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, mine had low flow errors which turned into sensor out of water errors. I then relegated it to heating stored water only (no livestock) and then it stopped heating altogether.
Did you contact Innovative Marine about the warranty?

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you contact Innovative Marine about the warranty?

Not yet but I've lost confidence in the product and went back to my tried and true Fluval E heaters (which have dual temperature sensors and an electronic thermostat).

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet but I've lost confidence in the product and went back to my tried and true Fluval E heaters (which have dual temperature sensors and an electronic thermostat).
Sorry to hear that. I did get my IM controller replaced under warranty and it’s been flawless for 8 months.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back