Finally a Heater that Keeps Temps Stable

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The heat controller for mine has now failed, the minus button no longer works at all. First week installed, time to find out how well Innovative Marines customer support is for the first time

Last edited:
OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The heat controller for mine has now failed, the minus button no longer works at all. First week installed, time to find out how well Innovative Marines customer support is for the first time

I have sent them some questions when I had an issue with the sensor. Responses were very quick and helpful.

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep getting an alarm and E1 reading... if I unplug and plug back in it starts back up. It does create a fluctuation that is unacceptable..
It is random, every few days or so at first thought it might be because I plugged into my Apex so went direct to a plug and still will do it, just not as often???
anyone else seeing this?

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had similar problem. Originally had sensor in my sump not too far from heaters. Moved sensor to overflow and have not had one E1 alarm in 2 months.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been almost 3 months now and my tank all winter long (here in the north east which has seen some cold temps) has been exactly 78 degrees with this heater (and I keep my house temps at 69 degrees).

Helios keeps my aquarium temps incredibly stable.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is in a small tank...
I moved my temp probe to DT in mp10s path, temps have been consistant. One of my heaters was turning off and not turning back on, switched wires, still happened, seemed to have fixed it. Their customer service answers very quickly. That’s who suggested this fix. Alarms definitely work and they are loud.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep getting an alarm and E1 reading... if I unplug and plug back in it starts back up. It does create a fluctuation that is unacceptable..
It is random, every few days or so at first thought it might be because I plugged into my Apex so went direct to a plug and still will do it, just not as often???
anyone else seeing this?
Moved sensor probe into area with consistent flow, heater has been spot on with no fluctuations.

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on where you have the heater and probe you can get stable temps with most heaters... All about placement...

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on where you have the heater and probe you can get stable temps with most heaters... All about placement...
Interesting that I got +/- 1.5 degree temps with BRS heater and Ink Bird.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been almost 3 months now and my tank all winter long (here in the north east which has seen some cold temps) has been exactly 78 degrees with this heater (and I keep my house temps at 69 degrees).

Helios keeps my aquarium temps incredibly stable.
Loving this heater. I also keep house temp at 69 degrees and tank temp stable at 78 degrees. Outside temp has been cold anywhere from teens to freezing in the high desert.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So far @Innovative Marine customer service has been great, I emailed them this morning and they already replied to send a replacement.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the InkBird and the Bayite is frankly better quality. The only thing that could be better is the temp probe, it’s stainless and will rust/leak after while. That’s easily “fixed” y either covering it in silicone or spending a few dollars to by a better probe.
This is my first look at the Bayite. Looks great, except for that stainless probe. Even like the form factor, surface mountable, rather than the rats nest of the Inkbird. Is there a plastic probe available that will work with the Bayite?

Oh, on the Helio one? Proprietary heater tubes? Nope. Not for me, thanks.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first look at the Bayite. Looks great, except for that stainless probe. Even like the form factor, surface mountable, rather than the rats nest of the Inkbird. Is there a plastic probe available that will work with the Bayite?

Oh, on the Helio one? Proprietary heater tubes? Nope. Not for me, thanks.
Why?

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why what? Why don't I want a proprietary heater tube? Loss of flexibility. Controller goes out... I can't use the heat tube directly from my Apex until I can replace it. Heater tube fails... I can't use my old one that I retired, cleaned up, and left on the shelf. With proprietary design, you're locked in to one vendor.

I note that most wattages are now out of stock at Marine Depot. There you go... limited availability. Another issue with a proprietary design.

Don't get me wrong. I welcome innovation in the field. It's an area badly in need of some innovation. Just don't like that this controller needs a proprietary heater tube, while every other controller on the market allows the user to choose.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why what? Why don't I want a proprietary heater tube? Loss of flexibility. Controller goes out... I can't use the heat tube directly from my Apex until I can replace it. Heater tube fails... I can't use my old one that I retired, cleaned up, and left on the shelf. With proprietary design, you're locked in to one vendor.

I note that most wattages are now out of stock at Marine Depot. There you go... limited availability. Another issue with a proprietary design.

Don't get me wrong. I welcome innovation in the field. It's an area badly in need of some innovation. Just don't like that this controller needs a proprietary heater tube, while every other controller on the market allows the user to choose.
You are right in the proprietary design issue but there are an offal lot of that in this industry. Look at the lighting part of it. I have had heater blow my EB832 and there is another proprietary design. I am going to give it a try I think I have at least 6 heaters laying around so if it gives me problems I can change it. .

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right in the proprietary design issue but there are an offal lot of that in this industry. Look at the lighting part of it. I have had heater blow my EB832 and there is another proprietary design. I am going to give it a try I think I have at least 6 heaters laying around so if it gives me problems I can change it. .
Mark - I had 2 heaters and controllers in a little over 5 months that failed on me, and I always had erratic temps. For three months now with this new heater, my tank has been at a consistent 78 degrees. One thing I no longer worry about.

raylinds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like a good heater, but $350 for the 400 watt and it only comes with a 1 year warranty. You need to pay another $70 for a 3 year warranty that many much less expensive heaters come with. Considering you will need two for redundancy we're talking about $840. No thanks.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 145 61.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 64 27.0%
Back