Finally going "big" - 120G

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by don_chuwish, Aug 26, 2015.

1. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Yesterday I made a small stand, maybe 1.25" tall, for my skimmer. I had some scrap polycarbonate lying around so a few quick cuts and some semi-sloppy Weldon 16 work was all it took. Checked this morning and I have nice dry results. Allowed me to raise the water level a little in the skimmer and return chambers, which was the goal.

zachxlutz likes this.

2. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Valuable Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Spent some time playing around with Apex programming for creating wave action with my Tunze 6055s. I've never tried much other than playing with that mode directly on the Tunze controllers. Tough to balance the noise level (sounds like someone's phone is vibrating somewhere in the house) with effective wave action. Still experimenting but I had the coral dancing a bit. Hoping to run in that mode for about 6 hours in the middle of the day.
    Also set up my old 250W MH over a future coral QT and got a 15G fish QT set up next to it. Man that MH is no joke, felt like I could heat the garage with it.

[​IMG]

NY_Caveman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted