First Dabble into Salt

Hightower105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, got started into Salt Water tanks a few months ago. I have a Red Sea Max 130D with Steve’s LED upgrade. I have a couple clownfish, turbo snails and 3 hermit crabs. Looking to get into coral as soon as my tank is ready.

IMG_1630.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Skunk Shrimp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to the salt life!!! Honestly if you have been up for a few months put a polyp of a mushroom or zoa. I did and it’s sky rocketed my tanks growth and set in period. On the flip side I used “fits turbo start” so it’s live bacteria rather than dormant. Many people would disagree with me in how I do things. A mushroom or zoa could almost “grow in the dark” and would be fine. To each their own though. My tank is three months and has copepods and anthropoids and is humming with life. Along with a mixed reef and everything is super happy and healthy. If you know someone that has a tank ask to borrow a piece of live rock to help boost you tanks “immune system”that is if they take care of the tank. NOTHING WRONG WITH TAKING IT SLOW THOUGH :)

happy reefing
skunk shrimp out

Last edited:

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 16.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 55 44.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back