First ever aquascape....is it terrible like my brain says????

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first time ever building an aquascape and was not I wondering if I could get opinions on it? It's going in a 25 gallon lagoon so I tried to keep it more of a wide scape than a tall one. Thanks!

20230915_163305.jpg

I like it.

Think about how nice that rock scape will look once the tank is established and ready to grow coral. In a healthy stable tank, you could be enjoying a fully covered rockscape in a year.

Last edited:

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was expecting a super ugly aquascape. Clicked on the thread and think the scape is pretty nice. It took me over a month to build my aquascape and I still sort of hate it :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

If you are not in a rush you may want to lit the aquascape sit around so you have ample opportunity to change it around completely in the weeks ahead!
This is what I did on my last scape. Kept making changes etc etc. Taking pics and comparing. Final product is OK but I'm far from loving it. I think the big pile of rocks in my 180g that aren't even glued together look better. But that tank is 8 years old I really don't see much of the rock work any longer so time and coral / nems sure helps

To the OP I agree with most comments that yours will look great in a smaller tank especially once things start growing.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back