20250521_170152.jpg

First Nano Reef

My first reef one month in (at feeding time)
My first reef one month in (at feeding time)

Aquarium Profile and Equipment

What type of saltwater aquarium is this?
Mixed Reef
Total Water Volume
30
When did you start this tank?
Apr 17, 2025
What is your aquarium made of?
Glass
Aquarium Length (inches)
60
Aquarium Width (inches)
60
Aquarium Height (inches)
60
Aquarium Overflow/Drain
All In One Tank
Aquarium Sump
NO Sump
Aquarium Stand
Redsea
Aquarium Controller
NO
Aquarium Controller Make and Model
Redsea Nano g2 XL
Protein Skimmer
YES
Aquarium Reactors
  1. Carbon
What types of equipment are you using for water flow and circulation?
  1. Wavemaker
Water Flow and Circulation Equipment List
Redsea Wavemaker 25
Aquarium Lighting
  1. LED
Lighting Equipment List
Redsea G2
Auto Top Off or ATO
YES
Aquarium Heating and Cooling
  1. I am using a heater or heaters
Water Temperature
25

Aquarium Water Chemistry and Parameters

pH Level
8.2
Specific Gravity
1.021
Nitrate or NO3
7.5
Alkalinity
7.6

Aquarium Natural and Mechanical Filtration

Substrate
Sand
Substrate Level
Shallow
Live Rock
7
Nutrient Export
  1. Protein Skimmer
  2. Filter Roller
  3. Carbon
Water Changes
YES

Aquarium Tank Inhabitants (fish, coral, invert etc.)

Fish List
  1. Basslet
  2. Blenny
Total Fish
2
Coral List
  1. Soft Coral
Total Corals
1
Invert List
  1. Snails
Total Inverts
8
Livestock Detail
Royal Gramma, Tail Spot Blenny , Nassarius and Trochus Snails
GSP
Livestock Quarantine
  1. No Quarantine

Aquarium Nutrition (fish, coral, invert etc. feeding)

Fish Feeding Frequency
One Daily Feeding
Coral Feeding Frequency
Do Not Feed Coral Directly
Fish and Coral Feeding
  1. Frozen
Auto Feeder
NO
Do you plan on adding any more fish in there or stick with what you have?
 
Do you plan on adding any more fish in there or stick with what you have?
Hey, Yeah I'd like a few more, not sure what though, probably not clowns as I'd like a peaceful vibe, thinking maybe a possum wrasse though I'm not sure what else I could get.
Open to any suggestions :)
 
Hey, Yeah I'd like a few more, not sure what though, probably not clowns as I'd like a peaceful vibe, thinking maybe a possum wrasse though I'm not sure what else I could get.
Open to any suggestions :)
That's not a bad idea! You could also do a royal gramma, firefish, or a longnose hawkfish!
 
That's not a bad idea! You could also do a royal gramma, firefish, or a longnose hawkfish!
I have a RG in there at the moment, I did think about a fire fish but I only have a mesh top on it unfortunately, love a long nose though, might they eat my snails/future coral?

thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new