First one

Ethan9696

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2019
Messages
59
Reaction score
29
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5b203ef74a928b78636dc60234cdf39e.jpg

My first saltwater set up! Thoughts?
 
Nice start, we’ve all probably had a similar setup that lead to larger builds!
But that looks like a 20g with 2 HOB powerfilters(the biowheel and something else I can’t make out). I’d still assume that your nutrient levels are probably a little on the high side and the tank probably entails a fair amount of maintenance as a result. What I would do is replace one of those filters with a HOB type skimmer. Otherwise it’s nice. Can’t wait to see it with some corals!
 
Looking great!!! You should start a build thread.
 
Nice start, we’ve all probably had a similar setup that lead to larger builds!
But that looks like a 20g with 2 HOB powerfilters(the biowheel and something else I can’t make out). I’d still assume that your nutrient levels are probably a little on the high side and the tank probably entails a fair amount of maintenance as a result. What I would do is replace one of those filters with a HOB type skimmer. Otherwise it’s nice. Can’t wait to see it with some corals!

Thank you! And yeah I plan on upping the filtration and then adding in a small anemone! I had some Zoa growing on the rock so I’m excited to see how they turn out too!
 
The tank looks great Ethan, very nice indeed!

And welcome to R2R!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new