First Post not first tank

El Maestro

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2025
Messages
22
Reaction score
21
Location
San Antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my name is Read. I just started my first tank since before my oldest kid was born 13 years ago. I got out of reefing after being in it since high school around the time my son was on the way because of finances and just feeling like I had had "enough" and wanted to focus myself on him, career etc. My only regret from getting out 13 years ago is I should've kept my MP 40 because man are those things expensive now. I've been lurking for a few months but finally got setup after vacation about 4 days ago. I'm really excited to get back to this hobby that is fundamentaly the same but had a lot of technological advances and simply better stuff online. BRS didn't exist in 2004 and to my memory you couldn't just order chaeto, nitrifying bacteria or a bottle of pods and be off to the races. At any rate I'm really grateful that there's still one high quality forum online that isn't Facebook or Reddit! Thanks to everyone in advance.
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hi, my name is Read. I just started my first tank since before my oldest kid was born 13 years ago. I got out of reefing after being in it since high school around the time my son was on the way because of finances and just feeling like I had had "enough" and wanted to focus myself on him, career etc. My only regret from getting out 13 years ago is I should've kept my MP 40 because man are those things expensive now. I've been lurking for a few months but finally got setup after vacation about 4 days ago. I'm really excited to get back to this hobby that is fundamentaly the same but had a lot of technological advances and simply better stuff online. BRS didn't exist in 2004 and to my memory you couldn't just order chaeto, nitrifying bacteria or a bottle of pods and be off to the races. At any rate I'm really grateful that there's still one high quality forum online that isn't Facebook or Reddit! Thanks to everyone in advance.
They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather
You have come to the right place! Welcome here and back to the hobby! :)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new