First Reef Tank - Fluval Flex 32.5 Gallon Build

This thread is great. Ive had my 32.5 going for a about 13 months now. Currently running the Fluval PS1 skimmer, Upgraded Sicce pump (2.0 I think), stock media (carbon and bio), 2x Sicce powerheads and the stock light, I also have 2x Fans mounted over the media chambers to keep temps stable. I noticed some of you changed out media baskets and are running different setups there as well as UV. Would you guys mind posting links to the products you purchased and maybe some photos of the setups? Do you guys feel that a second light was necessary? I have recently underwent several coral deaths and am trying to change my setup to be better and more stable to grow corals. Only corals that are doing well are my GSP. My BTA, and Toadstool are on their way out. I attached my light schedule to. Feel free to critique me on it and help in anyway possible. I am still new to the reefing hobby! I would post a pic of my tank currently but I am embarrassed by the looks of it at the moment. It is quite sad. Thanks all!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0804.PNG
    IMG_0804.PNG
    406.1 KB · Views: 77
This thread is great. Ive had my 32.5 going for an about 13 months now. Currently running the Fluval PS1 skimmer, Upgraded Sicce pump (2.0 I think), stock media (carbon and bio), 2x Sicce powerheads and the stock light, I also have 2x Fans mounted over the media chambers to keep temps stable. I noticed some of you changed out media baskets and are running different setups there as well as UV. Would you guys mind posting links to the products you purchased and maybe some photos of the setups? Do you guys feel that a second light was necessary? I have recently underwent several coral deaths and am trying to change my setup to be better and more stable to grow corals. Only corals that are doing well are my GSP. My BTA, and Toadstool are on their way out. I attached my light schedule to. Feel free to critique me on it and help in anyway possible. I am still new to the reefing hobby! I would post a pic of my tank currently but I am embarrassed by the looks of it at the moment. It is quite sad. Thanks all!
Let me send you a PM I would love to help you with this!

-Darel
 
This thread is great. Ive had my 32.5 going for a about 13 months now. Currently running the Fluval PS1 skimmer, Upgraded Sicce pump (2.0 I think), stock media (carbon and bio), 2x Sicce powerheads and the stock light, I also have 2x Fans mounted over the media chambers to keep temps stable. I noticed some of you changed out media baskets and are running different setups there as well as UV. Would you guys mind posting links to the products you purchased and maybe some photos of the setups? Do you guys feel that a second light was necessary? I have recently underwent several coral deaths and am trying to change my setup to be better and more stable to grow corals. Only corals that are doing well are my GSP. My BTA, and Toadstool are on their way out. I attached my light schedule to. Feel free to critique me on it and help in anyway possible. I am still new to the reefing hobby! I would post a pic of my tank currently but I am embarrassed by the looks of it at the moment. It is quite sad. Thanks all!
I do recommend the second light. I had great success with the light schedule on my old build thread. I will try to find it for you but it’s somewhere in our “content” here. Also, the media basket upgrade is a MUST! This could very well solve your issue. The stock foam inserts simply just aren’t efficient enough… I sent you a PM!

Look forward to helping you!

Darel
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new