First Test Results not what I expected

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

action21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been dosing Triton Core7 in apx 150 gallon water (200 gallon tank - 150lb Rock). Just got back my results. I expected to see issues with my RODI and metals due to 116 year old home- replaced old galvanized pipe with Copper. Saw some issue with Copper - new pipes.

What I didn't see was any recommendations to my Core7 which I'm dosing at 7.7ml a day. All I saw was recommendations on adding supplements, putting in a GFO/Phosphate - which I happened to have on hand.

So what about my current dosing of Core7? Are they correct, not correct, should I increase, decrease? Would definitely been helpful - maybe I'm missing it somewhere.

Attachments

• 11_16_2017.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 248

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id say if Your alk is stable then dont dose more .. only dose more if Your alk is dropping below 8 dkh .. or Where ever it is you like too keep it .. i know Some people keep theirs at 9 dkh .. even though Triton recomend 8

OP
OP
action21

action21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id say if Your alk is stable then dont dose more .. only dose more if Your alk is dropping below 8 dkh .. or Where ever it is you like too keep it .. i know Some people keep theirs at 9 dkh .. even though Triton recomend 8
Alkalinity has been going from 8.1 - 9.2 usually closer to 9 since I started.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also looking at Your test results you do have copper in there and a few other red flags .. has Triton recomended a detox and water Changes .. ive had similar problems and just followed tritons advice and ive seen a big improvement in my tank ...

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been dosing Triton Core7 in apx 150 gallon water (200 gallon tank - 150lb Rock). Just got back my results. I expected to see issues with my RODI and metals due to 116 year old home- replaced old galvanized pipe with Copper. Saw some issue with Copper - new pipes.

What I didn't see was any recommendations to my Core7 which I'm dosing at 7.7ml a day. All I saw was recommendations on adding supplements, putting in a GFO/Phosphate - which I happened to have on hand.

So what about my current dosing of Core7? Are they correct, not correct, should I increase, decrease? Would definitely been helpful - maybe I'm missing it somewhere.
Your Core7 dose is derived from your home Alk testing not your ICP. You should adjust the dose of all solutions equally to maintain an Alk of between 7-9, 8 being the easiest number to shoot for when you are stabilising, if your Alk is over 8dKH then reduce the dose of all solutions, if it is under 8dKH then increase the dose of all solutions.

Once you have achieved a stable dose then you can back it off slightly to reduce the Alk level to a more natural level of 7dKH.

OP
OP
action21

action21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been over 2 months. ALK was always between 8.5-9.2. Went down to 3ml ea Core7 and only got down to 8.2 never seen 7.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back