First timer

SouthWestSalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am a first time reefer Out of Las Cruces New Mexico. I went to the Seattle Aquarium last year and have been obsessed since. I am about to start cycling my first tank which is a 16 gal Biocube, I built an NSA with Marco rock and Caribsea sand. My 7 stage rodi unit, salinity tester, and Red Sea salt should be here Thursday and then I can get started. I also have a 75 gal that I want to build a stand and sump for which will be the main display tank eventually. If anyone has any tips or recommendations I would really appreciate it! I look forward to talking to you all and sharing our love for the hobby!
-
image.jpg
image.jpg
SouthWestSalty

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am a first time reefer Out of Las Cruces New Mexico. I went to the Seattle Aquarium last year and have been obsessed since. I am about to start cycling my first tank which is a 16 gal Biocube, I built an NSA with Marco rock and Caribsea sand. My 7 stage rodi unit, salinity tester, and Red Sea salt should be here Thursday and then I can get started. I also have a 75 gal that I want to build a stand and sump for which will be the main display tank eventually. If anyone has any tips or recommendations I would really appreciate it! I look forward to talking to you all and sharing our love for the hobby!
-
image.jpg
image.jpg
SouthWestSalty

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you have thought things out and are on your way - WAHOO!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). I wish I had started while still in planning stages. You might consider thread for each tank, though you'll only get one badge.

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Take a look at my build thread. I used the Florida Aquarium society design for my stand. My carpenter decided to make it even stronger.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
-
image.jpg
image.jpg
SouthWestSalty
Welcome! I'm not sure the bike will fit in the tank...

Just kidding! Are you planning to plumb the two tanks together or individually? I highly recommend starting a build thread for your journey if you haven't already.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 70 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back