First timers!

ChellynnRut8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my husband and I first time venturing to the saltwater side. I am anxious trying not to kill off everything. I hope that we can get a good system built up. We want to get corals that are pretty but hardy. We somehow collected a live rock with aiptasia and this cute little coral, not sure what kind. Not sure if killing the aiptasia in the setup cycle was smart but I got F aiptasia. We are hopeful to aquire some clownfish and a clean up crew. I love the goby and shrimp combo. Oh we have a Fluval Evo 13.5 tank. And I love the orchid dottyback, royal gamma. But realistically I dunno how far of a Longshot it is for this size tank. We obviously want corals too but not sure what we should do. Anywho looking for insight from fellow hobbyists.

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!

Zoanthids are beautiful and relatively hardy for they cheaper varieties. They come in every color under the sun too!

I would stay away from green star polyp and xenia unless it's isolated on a small rock island on the sand. They can very easily take over your entire rockscape.

I do think a 13.5 is to small for either a orchid dotty back or royal gramma. It's usually recommended to have 20 to 30 gallons for them. A clown pair with goby and pistol shrimp shouldn't be a problem at all though!

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Looking Coral Reef GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score