Fish and Treatment Guidelines (with chart)

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent!

Just to make sure, did you use stuff you ordered over the internet or did you have a prescription?
Haha, well internet :p can't get a prescription in Canukistan. I went to 10 different vets and they said they all said to paraphrase, "I would need to bring the fish in", even after presenting the papers from Humble and like to them, even arguing that they don't even know what they are talking about.

To be fair...

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, well internet :p can't get a prescription in Canukistan. I went to 10 different vets and they said they all said to paraphrase, "I would need to bring the fish in", even after presenting the papers from Humble and like to them, even arguing that they don't even know what they are talking about.

To be fair...
LoL

I think this is great information but I'm not sure we can be certain of the purity of the CP or if the CP given by prescription has something in it that impacts wrasses. So many variables. :(

Empress

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cleaner Wrasse and a clown fairy Wrasse (solorensis) coming in on Wednesday.

I thought I would go the TTM route. How would these two fish handle a fresh water dip, Rally and prazipro? I do have coppersafe on hand as well.

What do you think would be better? TTM or just leaving them be in coppersafe for 30 days?

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cleaner Wrasse and a clown fairy Wrasse (solorensis) coming in on Wednesday.

I thought I would go the TTM route. How would these two fish handle a fresh water dip, Rally and prazipro? I do have coppersafe on hand as well.

What do you think would be better? TTM or just leaving them be in coppersafe for 30 days?

In my experience fairy wrasse in general will tolerate all of those things fairly well. I've never had an issue with wrasse and prazi as some seem to. You could go either way with TTM or coppersafe, but keep in mind the think slime coat on these fish can hamper your ability to see visible signs of ich/velvet.

rich nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a jawfish. I am hankering on buying blue Dot Jawfish. I dont see it in your chart. It is probably there.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a jawfish. I am hankering on buying blue Dot Jawfish. I dont see it in your chart. It is probably there.

CP works best on them, but they will also tolerate copper.

If you get a Blue Spot, I highly recommend also prophylactically using Kanaplex + Metroplex to treat BSJ disease. Other jawfish species do need seem as prone to it for some reason

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a small Mandarin if CP is not an available option?

You would need to run it through TTM as it won't tolerate copper. Then watch carefully for a full two weeks after TTM or introduce a freshwater black molly to test for velvet being present.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would need to run it through TTM as it won't tolerate copper. Then watch carefully for a full two weeks after TTM or introduce a freshwater black molly to test for velvet being present.
Thank you I’ll do that! I could be overreacting here but what if the mandarin has twitched a couple times.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the twitching was because of an ammonia spike my badge went up to the first alert so I just added some prime and stability

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So weird because I’ve been ghost feeding and dosing this QT with Dr. Tim’s and stability for over a week prior to receiving the mandarin. I have been feeding heavy I guess. It’s hard to vacuum all food out because it’s only 200-500 microns in size haha

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back