Fish food? HELPPPP....

Noob_Sam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What food should i feed my fish? i currently feed ocean nutrition formula two, frozen mysis and brine shrimp, and nori sheets for my tangs. I tried to look it up online but there are sooooo many different brands and stuff. should i feed flakes and or pellets? What else should i feed.
Fish:
3 Yellow tangs
2 clownfish
1 puffer fish
2 blue fish dont know their names. one is 1 inch and the other 3 inch
1 blue tang
1 coral beauty
1 eel
1 coral shrimp
10 hermit crabs
6 snails
lps and soft corals

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like you are doing just fine! I feed ocean nutrition prime flakes, as well as my own blend of tilapia, scallop, and shrimp mixed with some vitamins.

sharpimage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they will be fine with just the pellets and the nori. I typically grab a bunch of different frozen and randomly feed them, but just typically pellets.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar fish list. I feed nori, brine, and mysis daily. I also feed four kinds of pellets. I looked for highly rated ones and took a number of different kinds. I figure that the variety would give the fish all the nutrients they need. Right now, almost all of my fish eat, at least, some of everything. A few are not interested in nori.

There are ways to tell if your fish are doing well. A healthy fish will have good color, it will have good fins and kind of spread them, it will be active, alert and confident. It will look a bit on the plump side. If your fish tick all these boxes, you are probably doing things right.

OP
OP
Noob_Sam

Noob_Sam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they will be fine with just the pellets and the nori. I typically grab a bunch of different frozen and randomly feed them, but just typically pellets.
I have a similar fish list. I feed nori, brine, and mysis daily. I also feed four kinds of pellets. I looked for highly rated ones and took a number of different kinds. I figure that the variety would give the fish all the nutrients they need. Right now, almost all of my fish eat, at least, some of everything. A few are not interested in nori.

There are ways to tell if your fish are doing well. A healthy fish will have good color, it will have good fins and kind of spread them, it will be active, alert and confident. It will look a bit on the plump side. If your fish tick all these boxes, you are probably doing things right.
ok i see. Well what kind of pellets (brand) do you guys use? I was looking into ocean nutrition formula 2 pellets, omega one garlic marine pellets, and new life spectrum marine pellets.
but i dont know which one is the best for my fish.

sharpimage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i see. Well what kind of pellets (brand) do you guys use? I was looking into ocean nutrition formula 2 pellets, omega one garlic marine pellets, and new life spectrum marine pellets.
but i dont know which one is the best for my fish.
I use new life, but any of those will be fine.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back