Fish in lots of tanks you think are just ugly

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, this is meant to be fun. So no personal attacks. Just call out fish you see allot of and call it what it is to YOU.

For me, I can't stand Fox face, Cardinals or dog face Puffers.

This is all personal opinion so what one person doesn't like is totally OK.
Hornflower fish, fancy gold fish

TvanB1

Mostly Fish; Few breeding projects underway
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The majority of captive bred fish look like rejects that wouldn’t have made it in ocean. I know captive breeding is a good thing, but 90% of the specimens I see look like duds compared to their wild counterparts.

This is mostly due to poor practices from the ‘big’ farms.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The majority of captive bred fish look like rejects that wouldn’t have made it in ocean. I know captive breeding is a good thing, but 90% of the specimens I see look like duds compared to their wild counterparts.

It is getting better, it was kind of like puppy mills in the beginning.

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought that for a very long time, then out of frustration trying to find something different for an aggressive tank, I got one. Now I just love them, fascinating creatures.
Years ago when I was in high school I had a predator tank in my room with a snowflake eel in a 37g tall Marineland show tank. During a feeding it came flying out the top and slithered about my floor with its mouth open. I put a net over it’s head and threw it back in tank. Immediately sold the eel and went to peaceful fish. That eel tried to murder me.

PYRU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennies and the little fuzzy lionfish. I'm not big on tangs at all either.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddly, my biology teacher in high school had an eel tank in the classroom that I loved. He let me feed it frozen cubes of fish. Then I went out and filled up a tank with ocean water, swam into water with a net and bucket and filled that tank up. So eels got me into this hobby - 20 years ago!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddly, my biology teacher in high school had an eel tank in the classroom that I loved. He let me feed it frozen cubes of fish. Then I went out and filled up a tank with ocean water, swam into water with a net and bucket and filled that tank up. So eels got me into this hobby - 20 years ago!
Wow that’s a cool story! I think I just got bit one to many times by the moray’s when I worked at a public aquarium. Those things are crazy. I was just trying to clean..

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back