• no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Larry the Lobster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello do you think that the percula clowns (the 2 that I already had wich are aggressive eaters) Will be able to deal with more aggressive tank mates like the long nose hawk fish, coral bueaty angelfish, and a few cromis (the other fish are the rest of my fish list). And do you think having more cromis means that there will be less aggression focused on one fish like an Asian arowana community and do you think that having other semi-aggressive fish will keep the cromis more distracted.

Ps. Do you have any suggestions of any other fish that will do good in a semi aggressive tank. And are canary fang blennys good or not (oh and I will have corals and more invertebrates in the future)(and if I get a tang wich one should I get I have a 30 Gallon)(I am thinking of 4 chromis plus the 2 perculas and a coral bueaty and maybe a canary blenny or a cool goby/ jawfish

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the percula's are not aggressive. They are basically the most docile fish you can find. All fluff and no go. If you had say tomato clowns then that would be another story.
The fish that you list are fine. I would personally stay away from the chromis. JMO.

OP
OP
L

Larry the Lobster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the percula's are not aggressive. They are basically the most docile fish you can find. All fluff and no go. If you had say tomato clowns then that would be another story.
The fish that you list are fine. I would personally stay away from the chromis. JMO.

Find yourself a few anthius instead of the chromis.

thank you for the advice I will stay away from chromis.

OP
OP
L

Larry the Lobster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 Percula Clownfish 2

fire fish 2 or 1

Longnose hawkfish

Neon blue goby 2 or 1

splendid dottyback

Percula Clownfish 2

fire fish 2 or 1

Longnose hawkfish

Neon blue goby 2 or 1

2 Percula clownfish 2

Orange-Back Fairy Wrasse or other wrasse or 2

Longnose hawkfish

Splendid dottyback

3 Percula clownfish 2

Longnose hawkfish

Splendid dottyback

Toby puffer or saddle puffer

4 Percula clownfish 2

Longnose hawkfish

Neon blue goby 2 or 1

Splendid dottyback

5 Percula clownfish 2

Longnose hawkfish

firefish 2 or 1

Swales Swissguard Basslet

Neon blue goby

Which of the list do you think is best in a 30 long.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dottyback are the devil, that's the only thing I would say make sure to not keep.

I would also add that it seems like you're new to the hobby -- in which case planning the fish you want before you have a tank isn't the best idea. Odds are you're looking at live aquaria and making a list -- In reality, their offerings are okay at best, and you'll find a whole lot more interesting fish at your local shops. OR, you may change your mind later.

So instead of rushing to stock things you saw some pictures of, take your time and look around. Who knows, you may decide to hit up PIA for exotic fish instead.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Larry the Lobster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dottyback are the devil, that's the only thing I would say make sure to not keep.

I would also add that it seems like you're new to the hobby -- in which case planning the fish you want before you have a tank isn't the best idea. Odds are you're looking at live aquaria and making a list -- In reality, their offerings are okay at best, and you'll find a whole lot more interesting fish at your local shops. OR, you may change your mind later.

So instead of rushing to stock things you saw some pictures of, take your time and look around. Who knows, you may decide to hit up PIA for exotic fish instead.
ok before i get a fish i will first check my store because you are right they probably have more interesting things

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok before i get a fish i will first check my store because you are right they probably have more interesting things

The things you see in person can make a difference. You may say you never want an angler or frog fish until you see one in person and decide you gotta have one.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back