Fish Recomendations ????

phil_pl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29gal reef tank with a mixture of SPS and LPS right now the only fish I have are two ocellaris clown fish. i want to get new fish but truthfully i know next to nothing about salt water fish. I am looking for fish with a bit of a wow factor that are fun to watch. Any ideas?
I really like this guy does anyone know anything about them?

NOT MY PICTURE
mini2v.jpg

Last edited:

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you dont want him, its an angler they will eat all the other fish. You cant go wrong with a tailspot blenny for a small reef and some chromis for color.

bamachamp92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
peaceful doesnt mean it wont eat fish.

The Striated Angler Fish feeds by ambush, lying in wait for an unsuspecting fish or crustacean to go by and then lunging forward, grabbing and swallowing the victim whole. The Striated Angler Fish has been known to devour fish nearly equal to its own size.

OP
OP
P

phil_pl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh wow no anglers to me
how many chromis do you think i could put in my tank would 3 me ok?
can you pm me directions to the meeting

bamachamp92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how to get there but I dont know the name of the roads to turn on. Bryan should pm you back if you pm him. Or if you are in the private forums there is a post with phone numbers. Ill just pm you his number.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the fish you have pictured last I would say not in a 29g even if it is an more mature reef. They can really decimate a pod population and then they have no food as most are very hard toget to eat frozen. I had one for 6 years and trained it to eat frozen foods in the first 6 months but I worked at it everyday.....Once they get on to frozen foods they are just like any other fish. They will pick at the rocks eating and come around for feeding time.....What kind of fish are you looking for to at to your tank? Just something with color? or something unique?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 147 40.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 185 50.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 32 8.8%
Back