Fish Tales

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saved a buddy I didn't know I had.

So wierd I thought I only had two yellow Assessors. I pulled a barnicle cluster out for a cleaning. Great fish homes but wow they collect detritus easy. I looked and shook the cluster out in the tank before pulling it out. Go outside with it and second later the Accessor plops onto the hot concrete. Luckily I know you can't just grab these guys with your hands as they're too slippery and squishy. So I quickly took a piece of paper and scooted him into a cardboard box. I placed him back in the tank, turned off the pumps, and he floated down to the floor upside down. Dead right nope. End of the story I saved him and he's now swimming with the other two. This all happened quickly and he rebounded within an hour. He might be hiding due to a blue Assessor I had was being aggressive.
20200930_000150.jpg

If you also have a fish you saved or story, join in and share.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it's been Narite snails. I collected a bunch in the Florida Keys. They seem to want to climb right out of the tank. Lucky for them, they are often caught out of the water by tide changes, so they have adapted to have an operculum that closes so tight that they can survive 6 to 12 hours out of the water. So every one I found outside the tank got put back and survived. Now I have a screen lid and they are getting better at staying in the water.

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an exquisite wrasse (now deceased :( ) that used to love to jump out when we took the screen off for feeding or whatever. My daughter tank sat for me during a vacation. When I returned I went straight to look over my tank and she said "Mom, does Ruby [the wrasse] look ok?"? I looked at him, he seemed fine. When I asked why she told me that he had jumped out while she was feeding and landed on the floor. She picked him up and returned him to the tank, where he went straight for the rocks on the bottom and just laid there. Scared my daughter so badly she called in sick to work to stay home to watch him. After a few hours he shook it off and swam around like nothing had happened, of course.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back