Fish that will eat zoas

mexi757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an outstanding outbrake in zoas and in order to clear them out I need an animal that will have their feast on them. I’d take out the rock work but it would be pretty much rescaling the entire aqua scape. So I’m willing to loose them all because of it. I do have other softies as well that I want to keep. Or mushrooms acons torches and hammers. Any info or help would be great. Thank you!!

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
inflation-money-monster-6563143.jpg

I do know the Money Monster eats my zoas

OP
OP
M

mexi757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking at a regal angle for a lil while now. Might have to pull the trigger and hope it doesn’t get a taste for acans

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A dog face puffer will eat every one it can get to. I borrowed my buddies years ago for that exact purpose. Within a few hours after throwing him in he settled in, started scoping out the locations of the various zoa colonies and within a couple weeks he ate them all and I gave him back to my buddy. If you have alot of other corals he's gonna start with his favorite so if you can isolate your other corals I would do that till he's done with your zoas.

Wyvern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear a lot about rabbit/fox face demolishing them. I just got a zoa and Fox today with the intention of the fox eating the zoas.

OP
OP
M

mexi757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll definitely look into the dog face. I have a buddy that will house the coral I want to save
I did have a fox face and a rabbit but they never once touched a zoa

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only fish that I can recommend as pretty sure things will eat other softies as well. Kalk paste might be your best bet.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll definitely look into the dog face. I have a buddy that will house the coral I want to save
I did have a fox face and a rabbit but they never once touched a zoa
The dogface will absolutely munch away on all your zoas, not even a question. You just gotta isolate the other corals. If you keep an eye on him he might just concentrate on the zoas and leave other corals alone then you can just leave all corals in and pull him quickly once the zoas are gone. If you cab pull the rocks out with the zoas and just start a small tank with the dogface and put a rock in at a time till he clears it out then switch it with another one you need the zoas eradicated from other rocks. Just some different ideas of how to go about it, but the bottom line is the dogface will 100% eat all the zoas.

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dogface will absolutely munch away on all your zoas, not even a question. You just gotta isolate the other corals. If you keep an eye on him he might just concentrate on the zoas and leave other corals alone then you can just leave all corals in and pull him quickly once the zoas are gone. If you cab pull the rocks out with the zoas and just start a small tank with the dogface and put a rock in at a time till he clears it out then switch it with another one you need the zoas eradicated from other rocks. Just some different ideas of how to go about it, but the bottom line is the dogface will 100% eat all the zoas.
Will it eat Duncans, turbinaria, and Palys also?

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking at a regal angle for a lil while now. Might have to pull the trigger and hope it doesn’t get a taste for acans
I have been looking for a regal angle for a while too, but Kate Middleton seems to be going with someone…

Back