OP
OP
hinovak

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol!! You are completely jinksing yourself with that kind of talk....

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a picture of when it came in. The colored up pic is a cell phone pic. This pic is dslr
f3617f2ef1d1c980c72184ef4eceabbf.jpg

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all about the subtleties. Look for hints of highlights and what not.

OP
OP
hinovak

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, that's what I say to my self, when I am looking at women in a rundown bar after about five beers...

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahahahahahahaha. You might try getting a little tipsy the next time you buy some corals.

OP
OP
hinovak

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lololo, I have....and let me tell you...they don't look so hot in the morning...

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1caa4d8a24c315a35096ad98ffcad6aa.jpg

It came today. Looks exactly the way I remember the last one when I got my hands on it. Hopefully this tank will color it up like my other tank did

OP
OP
hinovak

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1caa4d8a24c315a35096ad98ffcad6aa.jpg

It came today. Looks exactly the way I remember the last one when I got my hands on it. Hopefully this tank will color it up like my other tank did
Alright then, show me your magic touch! I expect to see awesomeness in a couple months!!

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't garantee anything because the tank it's in is responsible for the death of the first one.

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Pete,

where did Live Aquaria say that tenuis is from? Bali?

OP
OP
hinovak

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What Par and flow does jerry garcia acropora tenuis like?
I am not sure about the par, as I have not ever done par readings on my tank, however it is about half way up in my tank being blasted by 400w radiums. And I have it pretty medium to high flow. It's strange, it seems like the older the growth is, the better the Reds show up.

paddling oar's

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a piece from fish2morrow also. Im nkt sure if its because it was grown under halides and my tank is t5/led but it almlst died and 6 months later is finally encrusting. Hope it starts to grow up soon.

OP
OP
hinovak

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a piece from fish2morrow also. Im nkt sure if its because it was grown under halides and my tank is t5/led but it almlst died and 6 months later is finally encrusting. Hope it starts to grow up soon.
Hey there! It probably needed a little bit of adjusting time to your lighting, some sps take forever to grow and color up properly. It really depends from tank to tank, I have corals that grow twice as fast in my tank than my friends, and he has had better success than me with others. While I have not had an issue growing out the Jerry Garcia, I might have just found the sweet spot. If it is starting to encrust that is a really good sign. Often times, as long as the frag looks pretty happy, I will cut a small amount from the top to encourage new growth. I have a problem in my tank with corals encrusting out in a 3inch diameter with no outward growth, I think it is because I have a ton of flow. A product I highly recommend to get growth started, is flatworm stop by zeovit. It is not a flatworm poison at all, it contains no poison. It is like sps steroids..I'm not kidding, it blows my amino acids out of the water. It even recommends using it even if you don't have flatworms on the bottle. I dose three times the normal amount, which it says you can do. Fish2morrow uses it, franks tanks uses it, I gave some to garza, who is on here to use, and he loves it. it really helps jump start sps.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back