Fixes to main parameter balance issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Julian@Triton (or anyone on the forum who can help)

Scenario 7 says if mag is high, then maintain dose, but do water changes.
It states only do this if very high.

Can you define "very high" please?
I'm at 8dKH, 470 Ca and 1470 Mg.

Currently equally dosing, should I take any action?

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Julian@Triton (or anyone on the forum who can help)

Scenario 7 says if mag is high, then maintain dose, but do water changes.
It states only do this if very high.

Can you define "very high" please?
I'm at 8dKH, 470 Ca and 1470 Mg.

Currently equally dosing, should I take any action?

I will have to check with Ehsan regarding the definition of "too high".

You do not need to worry at your current level and can continue equal dosing.

Reefr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CMO, that is how I normally handle it. Being that these all have trace elements wouldn’t that create a imbalance? Did you read the parameter fixes from Triton?
@Julian@Triton: based on one of your posts and based on the description that comes with the Core7 packaging, I understand 3a and 3b do not contain anything more than alkalinity (ie no trace elements or other additives).

This would mean that dosing 1 and 2 in equal amounts should keep elements in balance except for alkalinity and maybe the ionic balance, right?

Let's take one example: when Alk is increasing faster than Ca or Mg, one would react by dosing less 3a + 3b compared to 1 and 2. Would there be an ionic imbalance then, due to an excess of anions (Cl- I suppose) coming from 1 and 2 that are not completely countered by the cations from 3a + 3b? This is at least what would happen with other methods such as Balling.

Last edited:

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firstly I would recommend that any changes to the dosing of Core7 be based on a recent TRITON ICP test and not based on home test kits, or probes. Increased Mg and Ca levels are not generally an issue as long as Alkalinity remains stable and most times it is incorrect test results that show these levels to be high.

The Core7 components are designed and produced in a ratio that, in a stable aquarium with consistent growth, the Alkalinity consumption should also match the Ca and Mg uptake allowing you to dose all equally. It is common for extra uptake of Mg in some aquariums when they start using TRITON products as coralline algae will proliferate. In this case we advise dosing Mg using our separate reagent as opposed to increasing component 1 because it also contains other Macro and trace elements.

I can ask @Ehsan@triton about the ionic balance you refer to but if you follow the information above then you should have no issues.

Reefr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firstly I would recommend that any changes to the dosing of Core7 be based on a recent TRITON ICP test and not based on home test kits, or probes. Increased Mg and Ca levels are not generally an issue as long as Alkalinity remains stable and most times it is incorrect test results that show these levels to be high.
The Core7 components are designed and produced in a ratio that, in a stable aquarium with consistent growth, the Alkalinity consumption should also match the Ca and Mg uptake allowing you to dose all equally. It is common for extra uptake of Mg in some aquariums when they start using TRITON products as coralline algae will proliferate. In this case we advise dosing Mg using our separate reagent as opposed to increasing component 1 because it also contains other Macro and trace elements.

I can ask @Ehsan@triton about the ionic balance you refer to but if you follow the information above then you should have no issues.
Thank you Julian, well understood.

In the meantime I asked on the Triton FB page and received a confirmation from Ehsan about the ionic balance

Last edited:

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please contact our agent/distributor in the US and they will sort something out:

Unique Corals Inc.​

Telephone: 818-570-0848

Let me know if you have any other issues.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 51 55.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back