Flame angel acting strange?

ARAJEA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Had a flame in our last tank and after a rock work change it became a terror. It nailed everything with its tail. It went after tangs. He got rehomed. Loved it, gorgeous fish. I don't want another.

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added a gold-head goby today and the flame angel is wacking it with the back of it's tail! no nipping or biting. Anybody experience this before?
Typical Angel bullying behavior.

ARAJEA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my wife came home with fat free anything she would be going right back. She is gonna read this and murder me but seriously.

Lawpoke87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a flame in my tank for two weeks. Nipped relentlessly at every fuzzy Acro in the tank. A month later and their just now recovering.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news, the only way to describe my flame angel is naughty, she annoys certain fish for fun, never aggressive.

I had the same "naughty" experience with my last Flame. It seemed to do the same. Swim up to another fish just to be a nuisance. Swim around, swim under, etc. All to get some reaction then swim away to bother the next fish. Nothing ever aggressive. Made it actually one of my favorite fish for this behavior. Never picked at coral. Great fish.

Hope my new one (in QT now) will be as cool. It doesn't seem to bother anyone in QT, but it does swim non stop like it's mad all over the tank. A bit concerning to be honest, but it really is non stop like it's crazy. Not eating enough to have that much calories and energy. Not messing with anyone else which is fine, but I'm just hoping it won't mess with coral in DT otherwise it'll go.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same "naughty" experience with my last Flame. It seemed to do the same. Swim up to another fish just to be a nuisance. Swim around, swim under, etc. All to get some reaction then swim away to bother the next fish. Nothing ever aggressive. Made it actually one of my favorite fish for this behavior. Never picked at coral. Great fish.

Hope my new one (in QT now) will be as cool. It doesn't seem to bother anyone in QT, but it does swim non stop like it's mad all over the tank. A bit concerning to be honest, but it really is non stop like it's crazy. Not eating enough to have that much calories and energy. Not messing with anyone else which is fine, but I'm just hoping it won't mess with coral in DT otherwise it'll go.

As you know from the original it will be going stir crazy in qt with nothing to do, how long does it have left in qt?

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you know from the original it will be going stir crazy in qt with nothing to do, how long does it have left in qt?

Maybe that's the reason. I thought maybe b/c it doesn't like the copper power and causing neurological issues with a 4 day ramp to 2.0. Read chelated copper is fine with them. It's only on day 3 at full therapeutic so couple more weeks. I'm planning only to do 2 weeks in copper before pulling into a sterile tank. The tangs seems to do fine in QT so may let those go the full 4.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe that's the reason. I thought maybe b/c it doesn't like the copper power and causing neurological issues with a 4 day ramp to 2.0. Read chelated copper is fine with them. It's only on day 3 at full therapeutic so couple more weeks. I'm planning only to do 2 weeks in copper before pulling into a sterile tank. The tangs seems to do fine in QT so may let those go the full 4.

England, I don't do qt or "meds", fingers crossed for it.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back