OP
OP
B

bknope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm like a kid before Christmas day. Super excited.....BTW less than a hour now, tick tock.LOL

Got mine!

McCoskers looks good. It looks like the blue flasher may be DOA but I’ll continue with him in the acclimation box for a little bit

Venzzla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine!

McCoskers looks good. It looks like the blue flasher may be DOA but I’ll continue with him in the acclimation box for a little bit

Mine too! Everyone looks alive but the midas blenny looks severely stressed. I am trying to acclimate now. I had heat packs but heat packs didn't keep them nowhere near where they needed to be.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever seen one that appeared DOA actually recover? Seems unlikely but if it’s happened I’ll remain optimistic
Is he breathing? If not id file a claim.take pics now .

Venzzla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever seen one that appeared DOA actually recover? Seems unlikely but if it’s happened I’ll remain optimistic

Best thing to do is try to come back, worth a shot! I haven't ever have one DOA, but have lost them during process. Good luck!

Kal93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely don’t temp acclimate only—fairy and flasher wrasses are very, very sensitive. LA ships their fish at low salinity (1.015-1.019), so make fresh saltwater to match salinity (I’ve used a small syringe to inject prime and get a water sample, immediately taping over the hole). After 30min temp acclimate, transfer the fish to your salinity-matched water and begin drip acclimating.

OP
OP
B

bknope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My McCosker is swimming around his side of the acclimation box. I thought I saw him picking at the box. Could he be hungry? Is there any reason not to feed the first day?

Thanks

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If hes out and about i see no reason no to offer food.

Venzzla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news BK! My midas turned from an awful brown color back to yellow! He is eating like a pig as well!

OP
OP
B

bknope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good news BK! My midas turned from an awful brown color back to yellow! He is eating like a pig as well!

It was very nice to see him looking and pecking for food and to see him eat after the drama of the other one. Now he’s sleeping in his pvc tube [emoji23]

It’s also amazing seeing fish change colors so dramatically like your Midas!

OP
OP
B

bknope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the McCosker has now died. I fear he swam hard into the acclimation box or the glass.

I found him this morning in a PVC tube covered in his mucus Cocoon (I am assuming).

I am not sure I have the heart or order these fish online anymore

Venzzla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry BK, i just happened to notice my blue damsel of all things tucked in a corner breathing rapidly this morning. Not sure why though, I have seen no bullying and he was eating just yesterday and swimming around. I will check when I get home. All other fish seem ok atm. Just curious and I know I am asking in advance but how long can a fish survive in a freshwater dip if necessary? I rather ask now then have to panic to find the answer.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry BK, i just happened to notice my blue damsel of all things tucked in a corner breathing rapidly this morning. Not sure why though, I have seen no bullying and he was eating just yesterday and swimming around. I will check when I get home. All other fish seem ok atm. Just curious and I know I am asking in advance but how long can a fish survive in a freshwater dip if necessary? I rather ask now then have to panic to find the answer.

FW dips should last no longer than 5 min. I always shoot for 4:45 and out just under the 5 min mark. Make sure to use an airstone to aerate the container, and of course temp match the water.

Venzzla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FW dips should last no longer than 5 min. I always shoot for 4:45 and out just under the 5 min mark. Make sure to use an airstone to aerate the container, and of course temp match the water.
Thanks. Hope it doesn’t come to that. I couldn’t even find him when I got home. If it is dead hopefully the hermits will clean up. I will watch the nitrates to see if they rise

OP
OP
B

bknope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good luck Venzzla :(. One of the worst things about the hobby. I want to give each fish their best chance :/

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.8%
Back