Flatworm ID - Polyclad I think?

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what type of flatworm this is? Kind of looks like the Polyclad from the sticky but I'm not sure.

This torch was fine when I got it but has been retracting more and more lately. I noticed this big flatworm on him today and figure that's what has been killing it.
flatwormthing.jpg

Been Caught Reefin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dealing with the same. What have you learned that will work? I’m seeing a dip of all euphyllia every 5 or so days?

kartrsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dealing with the same. What have you learned that will work? I’m seeing a dip of all euphyllia every 5 or so days?
CoralRX or revive will dislodge it. Look for eggs at the base of the frag / plug. Frequent dips is the way to go, or you can manually remove the eggs if you see them. They are small but visible.

Been Caught Reefin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CoralRX or revive will dislodge it. Look for eggs at the base of the frag / plug. Frequent dips is the way to go, or you can manually remove the eggs if you see them. They are small but visible.
Bayer dip weekly work as well for the potential babies you think? Or better to dislodge with Coral RX weekly?

Been Caught Reefin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damnnnn I thought these didn’t exist anymore guess I was wrong :(
I feel like they must be in the supply chain somewhere. I QT corals for 4-6 weeks and dip before QT and After… no idea how this got in my DT. Must have not been looking hard enough for eggs I guess. Just sucks that I have been super careful and get this crap in there.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The big issue is the flatworm’s eggs!

I found the best way to get rid of them is to scrap them off - the dips don’t affect them. See the small brown dots in the picture below.

1662693754706.jpeg

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a 6 line and yellow coris wrasse in my tank which means no flatworms problems.

Been Caught Reefin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The big issue is the flatworm’s eggs!

I found the best way to get rid of them is to scrap them off - the dips don’t affect them. See the small brown dots in the picture below.

1662693754706.jpeg
Thank you for the picture! That helps. I heard the dipping frequently for a month or so will help catch them soon after they hatch before they can lay more. Did you try that? Any luck beating them?

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the picture! That helps. I heard the dipping frequently for a month or so will help catch them soon after they hatch before they can lay more. Did you try that? Any luck beating them?
I did beat them but only by scraping off the eggs. I found that frequently dipping put a lot of stress on the coral. 2 rounds of carefully scraping off the eggs did the trick for me.

Back