Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got some frags today from a seller who has flatworms. Excellent guy, he dipped the frags for me and did a flatworm XIT dip along with his regular coral dip while we talked. I further inspected the frags before adding them to the tank and couldn’t see anything on them (they’re small zoa frags) besides some dead feather dusters. Should I be worried about getting flatworms enough to get a wrasse? Either way totally worth getting these frags (CB white zombies and utter chaos zoa).

oh and before I forget I have a four strip damsel who eats tons of pods so he may also eat flatworms. Basically if it can’t get away from him he’ll eat it.

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of flatworms are involved will determine how bad your situation is.
If they are just planaria it's no big deal.
If they are AEFW and you have susceptible SPS, the dip won't take care of eggs and you may have just introduced them to your tank.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are AEFW and you have susceptible SPS, the dip won't take care of eggs and you may have just introduced them to your tank.
They’re the brown/red ones and I don’t have any sps. The guy I got them from had sps and his were fine. They didn’t really do anything in his tank besides sit on his frag plugs lookin funky.

stanlalee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I wouldn't say planaria are no big deal given the rate at which they can multiply uncontrollably. I guess by no big deal you mean don't typically harm corals.

As for the frag. The only thing dips and exit don't kill are eggs. I would give the plug a good scraping or tooth brushing with the dipping if your worried about it.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't say planaria are no big deal given the rate at which they can multiply uncontrollably. I guess by no big deal you mean don't typically harm corals.

As for the frag. The only thing dips and exit don't kill are eggs. I would give the plug a good scraping or tooth brushing with the dipping if your worried about it.
I scraped the **** out of it when I got it home. Barely any surface layer of ceramic left after I was done lol. Anyway if they do show up I’ll grab a six line wrasse. I love wrasses anyway.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back