Flatworms

Cole_Voeller

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2022
Messages
627
Reaction score
173
Location
Fargo
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all! So I finally have experienced flatworms! I just spotted one a few minutes ago. I then sent him down the sink, and then immediately realized I should have taken a picture first haha. Looked online, and this is pretty much what he looked like.
I looked through the tank and spotted a good amount of babies, or at least what I believe to be, as they are much smaller, but are also a different color. Not sure what they came on. They are currently in a 10 Gallon QT tank with Zoas, a torch, a galaxea, and sympodium. What would be the best way for me to go about dealing with these guys? I would like to ensure I do not move any of them into the main frag tank.
Oh, and might as well ask for an ID while I’m at it. Thank you!

2D75ED31-956A-40FD-A20F-712D8C095D55.png E3F65A77-02F6-4DD5-BC8A-BA7DE8FDF419.png
 
Get rid of 'em quickly, they breed like crazy and overwhelm the tank. I've a massive flatworm problem which I will attempt to deal with over the next couple of days.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new