Flip's Reef

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Digging the new spectrum over the fuge. Looks like the creative juices are flowing for the manifold. Hope it all works out as planned; and, if it doesn't, I know you'll MacGyver something that will!

OP
OP
Flipside

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally made my way over here. Looking good Flip!!

Hey Mark! Is an honor!

Ladies and gentleman, meet one of our local
club members, Mark! He's on our board of directors and has a bad case of OCD when it comes to all things reef. :D

Glad you could swing by brutha!

Digging the new spectrum over the fuge. Looks like the creative juices are flowing for the manifold. Hope it all works out as planned; and, if it doesn't, I know you'll MacGyver something that will!

LOL! Thanks zib-zibba! :D Everything is considered in beta-stages unless otherwise notified. :D

Going to go out to the garage now to see what trouble I can get into. Should bee on later.

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great
I think the fuge is getting more love than the DT ..:cry:
We would appreciate it if you please got back in the house .LOL

OP
OP
Flipside

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! You crazy, bro! :D

I have a lot if theories about how important these things are, and how important water volume is, but I'm going to spare everyone the 'old school train of thought' ramble. ;) Let's just say that I'm almost done out here. Just need to get the chiller online and the calcium reactor. Then, I'll start back in on the DT. :)

OP
OP
Flipside

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys, I put a regulator on order. I went with THIS ONE if you're interested in checking it out.

99128136-77cf-494c-8302-bb9857f4185d_zpsddf579f7.jpg

Should make things a ton easier and reliable. I hope!

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my research, that's the best choice. I still am on the fence between buying a doser or reactor.

Mark L.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mark! Is an honor!

Ladies and gentleman, meet one of our local
club members, Mark! He's on our board of directors and has a bad case of OCD when it comes to all things reef. :D

Glad you could swing by brutha!

LOL! Thanks zib-zibba! :D Everything is considered in beta-stages unless otherwise notified. :D

Going to go out to the garage now to see what trouble I can get into. Should bee on later.

Awe shucks it only me LOL! I should port my build thread over here. I'm really liking this place. The family and I even wear our R2R MACNA shirts all the time.:peace:

OP
OP
Flipside

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you should bro! I did it mainly because of the major site crash we had a few months ago. Not anything against our club (love the club) just keeping my notes redundant for sanity's sake. :)

Heck, John even created our club on this very site, so that says something in itself. ;) go on Mark! Show em how we do things in Texas! ;)

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guys, I put a regulator on order. I went with THIS ONE if you're interested in checking it out.

99128136-77cf-494c-8302-bb9857f4185d_zpsddf579f7.jpg

Should make things a ton easier and reliable. I hope!

I am all for the easy route . So no more filling a bubble cylinder n counting ? Just dial it in ..

Have u seen this bling bling reactor ...if i only had money to burn ..

Wassup with R2R . My Norton is going crazy with the web Attack Mass Injection Website 5 ????

DaStaCo calcium reactor is an automatic calcium dissolving beast

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flipside

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't seen that one, P. Pretty cool and I may have to research it more.

I don't know what is going on with R2R and attacks like that. I want noticing that earlier today when I was on my pc. Weird...

Yeah, no bubble counter for me. I have a back up milwaukee on order too.

Mark L.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you should bro! I did it mainly because of the major site crash we had a few months ago. Not anything against our club (love the club) just keeping my notes redundant for sanity's sake. :)

Heck, John even created our club on this very site, so that says something in itself. ;) go on Mark! Show em how we do things in Texas! ;)

Cool cool. Yeah MARSH is always my home but who doesn't love a weekend lake house? Haha. I'll start on it this evening after my tank duties are done. :D

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally made my way over here. Looking good Flip!!

Look who's here?!?!
Roll call is still working.
R2R is my beach house, well...........my second!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Flipside

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! R2R is what it is. :D It's been good to me, so I'll stick around like a fish outta' water... flopping around through my build. :D

So, this weekend, I didn't do too much. My wife and I are celebrating an anniversary this month, and we have that Valentine's Day thing... so, I bought her an abstract painting that we've been eyeballin'. It's nice and neutral, but has a little pop to it. Perfect for our front entrance. We still are in the process of decorating our house, and to be frank: we suck at it. LOL! We're going to hire a guy that's been recommended to us to help with painting/art ideas... pardon the digression, but that was a part of my weekend. :D

Any way, I hate my stand in the garage. I'm rebuilding it.

ResizedImage_1360538685387_zpsa79e0d2c.jpg

More to follow!

OP
OP
Flipside

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atta boy! I subscribed to your build over here, too! I don't think people understand what you've done over there, man! Phenomenal work!

On another note, I should be getting my Ca reactor regulator today (the nicer one)! I'm fist pumping right now! :D

OP
OP
Flipside

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! No, definitely not that guy. :D that's Troy Lee and Dr. Frankenstein. :D I'm still learning how to use these power tool thingies.

Guess what, though? My CO2 regulator is on the front porch! Awww yeah!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 91 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 43 15.9%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back