Floating Island ! And Blue LED Cave ! Look !

vincentthai.vo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2014
Messages
131
Reaction score
38
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes ! My floating island is completed and also my Blue LED ! I have put zoas inside the cave and they have open up nicely ! It look so much nicer in person wish everyone could come to look .

Excuse the algae waiting for my clean up crew to come in

72584637d327138cef3c05c41aa84fcc.jpg


f4a7e9d7fbf979d7252ed9ad0f81d05a.jpg


The floating island before I added anything . What you guys think ! I really would like to hear some inputs !
 
Definitely the first time I have seen a lighted cave :-) Pretty cool idea. How is it being lit? I can't tell from the pictures.
 
589f3196ee6e17e16d6671ee1c063383.jpg


I PVC the whole thing into the over flow

d44697c1ccd7bb5884bb0ee72e4e723c.jpg


That's how I keep it floating !

For the blue led cave before I put the tank on the stand I cut a hole where I want the LED light to be so I just take a actinic light and shine it from under the tank through the stand !

1e5ed0c476fa86b9550e8fe712bdcce0.jpg
 
Nice idea every time I see a new aquascape on someone's tank wants me to get my arms wet in my own tank good job there
 
Very cool!
 
Thanks guys it looks so much nicer in person ! Getting a lot of snails soon so hopefully by then I can get better pictures !
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new