flower pot

angelfish5410

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a flower pot for my 58 gallon saltwater aquarium. The salesperson told me it needs to be on a rock and will spread. From what I have read it states it should be on sand and does not spread. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flower Pot corals are those that look so pretty but deep down you know you shouldn't purchase them. They are very difficult to keep alive in captivity. The salesperson you talked to was either uninformed or just wanted to make a sale...

How old is your tank?

OP
OP
A

angelfish5410

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flower Pot corals are those that look so pretty but deep down you know you shouldn't purchase them. They are very difficult to keep alive in captivity. The salesperson you talked to was either uninformed or just wanted to make a sale...

How old is your tank?

My tank is 3 years old. The coral seems to be doing fine at this time, I just don't know where it is supposed to be for the best results and if it needs to be where it can spread or not.

robsreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That depends on you or not if you want it to spread its best to put on a rock its a incrusting Coral I don't think it will grow do.good on the sand imo

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back