Fluval Evo 13 Lighting

cfhsoccerplayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I just recently bought a Fluval Evo 13. My question is, does anyone know if the stock lighting can be controlled with a timer? All it has is one power cord and you simply touch the light to change it from day to night to off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried searching and also Google but can't seem to find any answers.

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is controlled by my Apex.... For me it is just set to come on in the am and off in the pm. It always comes on with the daylight colors... to get to blues I have to do by hand.

OP
OP
C

cfhsoccerplayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies! So I will only be able to use the daylight lights correct? Would it be ok to run the tank without using the night time lights then?

sayitfast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies! So I will only be able to use the daylight lights correct? Would it be ok to run the tank without using the night time lights then?
Yes.. the blues still run during daytime. They are just much more obvious when you only have them running.

CamG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on picking this tank up within the next month or so. I need to finish renovating the room it's going in first.
I own a light meter and I plan on taking measurements from different parts of the tank when I set it up. I will post them here.

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@CamG

Great if u can share your findings. I just started same tank and planning to use default lighting until i start adding corals. Already I have put new light on my wish list but lack sufficient data. Would be good to confirm what corals default light will support.

CamG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have the tank very soon. My light meter reads foot candles and LUX.
What would be the best reading to take ?

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be interested to know actual output in general. From there I would think if it's best to decide if it'll be fish only, soft corals only, mixed or hard corals spec. Personally for im good with mixed with weightage more toward soft just because it'll be easier to maintain.

btw I recently got Kessil A80 as a alternative option once I start adding soft corals.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back