OP
Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you fingered out how to get the water to skim and flow down the media baskets? Just seems like they sit in there and soak. Will the upgraded return pump do it? Still running stock and have went back and forth with the stock sponge thing and the acrylic baskets. Still not happy and considering a canister filter
make sure you have the "flow directors" installed properly to tightly fit the basket in place... these look like black plastic rulers that came with the InTank Baskets and have a cut out to slide front outer edge of both the left and right chambers.

This link will show you! just look it all the pictures it has here:

Blcard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
make sure you have the "flow directors" installed properly to tightly fit the basket in place... these look like black plastic rulers that came with the InTank Baskets and have a cut out to slide front outer edge of both the left and right chambers.

This link will show you! just look it all the pictures it has here:

Perfect. They didn’t have those when I got mine. Ordered! Would you also upgrade the pump?

JNoyes1026

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would someone be willing to take a picture of what the media baskets look like loaded? I am curious do you fill each area or is there free water space in them. Sorry probably a dumb question

EpisodeMnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! Just don’t worry about the magnet back... leave a small gap with the adjustable hand screw pice and rest it the magnet side on the back of center with the screw resting in the front of center!
image.jpg

Hope this helps!!

This is with the original Flex lid, not modded, correct? I want to upgrade to this skimmer but I just want to make sure before I order it because I need the lid to stay on mine.

Really glad I found this thread. Was Googling about a 2nd light and ended up landing on this thread and forum and had to register. Being that the marine Flex is new, there’s not much info available on it yet, so I’m glad more and more people are starting to purchase them.

Blcard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the sicce 2.0 pump. 568 gph I was worried was too much but not at all finally see the media baskets doing their job! Should improve even more when the flow restrictors come in
image.jpg

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the sicce 2.0 pump. 568 gph I was worried was too much but not at all finally see the media baskets doing their job! Should improve even more when the flow restrictors come in
image.jpg
Is the flow way higher than the soccer 1.5. How is the fit in the pump compartment?

slickfeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone found or have DIY plans for media baskets? Or tried building a solution?
I’m setting up my tank in acouple days and I’m thinking of siliconing some acrylic and only leaving the top 3 slits open? I’m hoping it still flows through correctly. I don’t want to spend an extra 90$

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up my tank in acouple days and I’m thinking of siliconing some acrylic and only leaving the top 3 slits open? I’m hoping it still flows through correctly. I don’t want to spend an extra 90$
I have also seen a basket made Fromm egg crate. But not sure of exactly how.

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fluval flex is gorgeous. But that honeycomb trim has to go!
Has anyone tried removing the honeycomb trim around the rim?

JNoyes1026

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fluval flex is gorgeous. But that honeycomb trim has to go!
Has anyone tried removing the honeycomb trim around the rim?
I also have a fluval evo and on one of the groups I am in lots removed it. All it takes is a razor scraper. Comes right off and no residue is what they claimed

JNoyes1026

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Could you let us know how it fit in the middle chamber. I cant find the specs for how wide the pump is. Did it slide in no problem?

Blcard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you let us know how it fit in the middle chamber. I cant find the specs for how wide the pump is. Did it slide in no problem?
Yes it got in the middle chamber without an issue. Only thing needed was an adapter to make the return hose fit.

AirIck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when using the Intank media baskets did you have to do any other mods to the tank? Such as cut the vents etc? I read on another thread that the water level was a problem getting to the top chamber so members advised cutting the vets in the tank. I'm new to this hobby and i really do not feel comfortable cutting anything away if I can help it due to fear of messing up and breaking my tank.

norner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update from my from my flex. 3 weeks in. Bacteria working well and small brown algae starting to appear. Clean up crew doing a great job and enjoying having a big tank regarding the equipment I have added autoAqua ATO and used epoxy to close the small gaps to
Improve flow in the “sump”. All looking good and waiting for InTank media baskets and RoDi system

30D08FC0-610E-4207-A1A0-800ECB9E5C99.jpeg

Attachments

• D195D79A-675E-4587-A007-32238DD13A61.jpeg
    D195D79A-675E-4587-A007-32238DD13A61.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 62

BTimms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update from my from my flex. 3 weeks in. Bacteria working well and small brown algae starting to appear. Clean up crew doing a great job and enjoying having a big tank regarding the equipment I have added autoAqua ATO and used epoxy to close the small gaps to
Improve flow in the “sump”. All looking good and waiting for InTank media baskets and RoDi system

30D08FC0-610E-4207-A1A0-800ECB9E5C99.jpeg
What gaps did you fill ?

norner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What gaps did you fill ?

there is a small gap between the bottom glass and the plastic “wall” than divides the small outer chamber and the return pump chamber in both sides. This gap bypasses the filter - both stock and intank baskets

Back