Fluval spec v lighting

DiamondDa89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. So I've been in this hoppy about a year and have a fluval Evo 13.5 that I've really enjoyed, using AI prime currently on it. I have a fluval spec v laying around and was thinking of setting up a small marine tank. I'm wondering if there are any cheap but good lights I could get for this tank. I will probably put a few small LPS in it along with a fish or two.

OP
OP
D

DiamondDa89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using the stock light for a long time with success with LPS and softies.
I have the stock light for the fluval Evo still. Was thinking of using that. I've heard people have had success with it.. thought the stock light from the fluval spec v might be a tad weak?

reaper93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the stock light for the fluval Evo still. Was thinking of using that. I've heard people have had success with it.. thought the stock light from the fluval spec v might be a tad weak?
Def not the strongest, nor the nicest colors, but it definitely will grow less light demanding coral. I did notice much better coloration and growth once switching to my AI Prime however. If you could find one used for cheap, that would be superior.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back