Fluval spec v

TJ Merrells

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2018
Messages
130
Reaction score
75
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running a Fluval spec v that's been up since xmas.

Upgraded pump
Filter chamber I run chemi pure elite, poly filter, marine pure spheres, polyfil.

Smart micro ato

Lumini Asta 20 light

Reef crystals salt
0 tds rodi water.

Live stock consists of 2 mexican turbo snails, 2 nassarius snails, 2 hermits, frogspawn, hammer, zoas and 5 sexy shrimp.

I know ideally the key to these tanks are weekly water changes. However I work away from home (3 weeks away, 1 week home) so I'm trying to accomplish monthly water changes and the tank staying fairly clean while I'm away.

Have to clean the glass every 4-5 days of dark brown algae.

Should I get a Reef glass or mame skimmer??

Any advice helps thx
(Pic is a few months old)
IMG_20190318_213125_766.jpeg
 
Looking good. Keep the bio load less, add some chemical filtration (chemipure blue ) and you should be good for a month without water change.
 
Looking good. Keep the bio load less, add some chemical filtration (chemipure blue ) and you should be good for a month without water change.
How do I keep the bioload any lower?? And I already run chemipure elite.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new