OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

"Focustronic has chosen what they believe to be the best test kits on the market for each water test"

Interesting. The way this is worded, they're actually designing it around specific tests rather than having the user choose. I imagine this means it's much more accurate.

I hit up CoralVue, via email, but unfortunately they had no details on release date. Just TBD.

Orly20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone at MCANA, get to the @CoralVue booth! STAT! :)

I was at MACNA and spoke to Carlos over at the Coralvue booth. They were only showcasing the Xepta and the new pump controllers. Unfortunately, there was nothing at the show reference Focustronic nor the Mastertronic. I was disappointed.

ZaneTer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this such as expected release date?

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, i was very excited to see this announcement, until i saw you need 2 different machines to capture all 5 major tests. It's the reason i haven't gotten a Trident (or anything else) - I'm waiting until a manufacturer rolls out a single machine which tests all 5 parameters....

The first one that does will get my money.

Last edited:

Jack Mammon Bifrons

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosent the reef bot do that?
I already have alkatronic and dostronic (still boxed after two months) so i wanted the mastertronic so they all work together. I really dont want the mastertronic to go the way of the reef bot though... i dont want to still be buying a bunch of different off the shelf tests, that i dont trust much anyway, to put in an expensive machine to mix them for me....
Itd be real cool if they chucked a couple probes on thier too. Temp, salinity, orp and ph but with an extra ph port too. That'd make it kingtronic !

Pny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have any first hand information, but from some recent facebook postings by the inventor, they are apparently alpha-testing it on Phosphate an Nitrate...

Mastertronic.jpg

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this ? I’m holding out on buying a alkatronic or trident until the mastertronic comes out to make my decision

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as to what the price point would be. Wish they would have had it test alk as well instead of having to buy a alkatronic for that

It's good that we'll soon have another automatic measurement option.

At the same time time, my bet is that it'll cost between 85-120% of the alkatronic. :confused:

Pny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious as to what the price point would be. Wish they would have had it test alk as well instead of having to buy a alkatronic for that
I too would like to see an all in one solution. I guess the alkatronic still would be better at measuring alkalinity (using a pH probe instead of colormetric methods) , but sure it would be a tougher sale at its (alkatronic) current price point. I can not realistically see Focustronic adding this before their competion does...

KPersico

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting on my unit...I preordered it from the UK back in October since no USA dealers had preorder available as it’s my understanding the first batch was going to the UK

KPersico

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my unit today...haven't gotten around to setting it up yet.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back